The right product for the right surface

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjilafouine

Hello. Now that I have an inside garage and that the lake is still engulfed in ice, I decided to give a nice shine and rejuvenation treatment to my GTI LE 2003.

There are several types of surfaces on this ski and I was wondering what kind of product I should use to clean them up.

First surface: fiberglass. This one is easy, I already have a marine wax that I bought last year. It seems to be doing a good job as I removed some strap scuffs already just a few minutes ago.

Second surface: matte & dark plastics. I usually use tire foam cleaner or Armour All on my car or matte plastic cleaner but I never found anything very efficient yet. Any better idea for my ski?

Third surface: turf. I still have the original one and there are no black spots on it. However, it needs to be cleaned (color marine blue) and conditioned. What should I use?

Fourth surface: shiny plastics. Same as fiberglass? Wax? The finish is still in pretty good shape, no heavy job to do on it.

That about does it I guess. Bring in your suggestions.

Benji.

1. As you said marine wax.
2. Wipe New on the plastic. 303 on the seat.
3. Nothing, just by Hydroturf.
4. Wipe New.

Turf is good. Just a little bit faded. No pieces missing, no dents. Just normal wear. But a little dull to the eye.

IMG_0343.JPG

Benji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back