The chronicles of the Kracken.... project thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha It's coming. I actually just put the boat in the garage today to defrost it.

Been busy rebuilding and restoring a little 80cc quad for the niece and nephew.
Nice. Lt80? Or is it a lingdow, Ive got a 150cc china pit bike that will go so fast it doesnt make sense

No, it's a little 93 yamaha badger. Just finished last night with new tires.

I had an 87 yammy moto 4 champ growing up so brought back memories. Same quad but it had 100cc. I must have put 25k miles on that thing.

125.jpg

This morning I was thinking [MENTION=69521]soccerdad[/MENTION] is probably right, freakin cold and a frosty cover.
1485662603980.jpg
1485662619807.jpg
The ride was well worth the cold and [MENTION=80378]Jasonv[/MENTION] wicked ass skis ran great
1485662662728.jpg
Luck favors the prepared
1485662731867.jpg

Pretty freakin cold got to about 44° but it was windy and the lake got a little rough, even the boat driver took some water to the face, not as much as Jason. Ice water.

its that time of year again, waiting on that NC weather to quit acting stupid. Got a Friday night sunset cruise in.
IMG_0340.JPG
So now it's time to finish up the interior, stereo and a few other odds and ends:cheers:

Sorry need to ask what type off hose did you use for you fuel line i like that they are clear.

I like that they are clear but those fuel lines are no good , they are already getting hard. Shortly after putting them on there I read a post about not using OSD "fuel" line because it doesn't do well with fuel:facepalm: so that will probably get redone some time this year. The places those lines are being used for oil or water are great.

What a terrible start to the season:facepalm: 1st time out the straps broke and the top blew off and got destroyed:facepalm: IMAG0011.jpg
On a different outting my buddy Big Dave tripped and smashed my windshield off :facepalm:
IMAG0160.jpg
On the way home from Memorial Day weekend at Lake Gaston about a 2 hour drive, the salty Honda trailer big Dave was pulling shredded a tire down to just enough rubber to hold air:facepalm:IMAG0109.jpg
Oh yeah the salty Honda lugs were salted to the hubs:facepalm:so a 20 min trip to my grandma's house took 1.5 hrs going 25 mph because it was Memorial Day every where is closed so I'm screwed and can't get trailer parts any where:facepalm: oh well, time to go home:driving: everything ran great so I wasn't going to let a tire malfunction ruin an awesome weekend.
20 min later something goes kaboom REAL loud and I'm dragging a massive trail of sparks that is quite impressive and I see a tire bounce off to somewhere I'm lucky it wasn't somebody's car :facepalm: bring the trailer over to the side and I'll be dammed I've lost a entire hub/wheel assembly and nothing but the trailer got damaged:thumbsup: the only tow company that would even talk after I said the word boat would only do an in town tow:facepalm: lucky Dave's house was in town so we got a roll back to take it to his drive wayIMAG0098.jpgJPEG_20170531_201014_1953459256.jpg
Got home at about 2 am and that summed up the worst trip home I've ever had:facepalm:

Figured out the trailer was bent on the side the wheel came off, and cracked in a few places along with being a rusty piece of chit.IMAG0156.jpg
So I've schemed up a plan to haul the boat and a ski and still be able to keep this trailer a flat bed. Weird I know but it's easy for me to drop the boat in the water and tie it to a friends dock to use the trailer as a car trailer or what ever. Started as a 20' car trailer and now has square tube in the floor to hold the boat bunks and I will do the same for the winch post/bow stop.IMAG0121.jpgIMAG0130.jpgIMAG0131.jpgIMAG0135.jpg
Then we used a winch-in-a-box to slide the boat off the old trailer on some rails and onto the new trailer on some temporary bunks and I will set the permanent bunks now that I can accurately measure stuffIMAG0148.jpgIMAG0158.jpgIMAG0149.jpgIMAG0140.jpgIMAG0144.jpgIMAG0151.jpg
The old trailer wasn't ever gonna be safe for the road again so we hacked it up IMAG0155.jpg
IMAG0159.jpg

Now me and my cousin are on the way to the NY Blowson Memorial event with new hubs and tires on the salt pig trailer and they are finally running at full boost and should be able to out run an x4 nowIMAG0169.jpg

So there is the start of my season hopefully I got all the bad shit out of the way:cheers:

Fire your mechanic! Lol, sorry to hear man but get that new trailer going!
Lol he needed some new shorts after that fiasco

Damn, that was the trip from hell :(. Thankfully Y’all made it home safe :).

Yeah worst one ever. I'm glad I don't have the Ranger any more or we probably would have wrecked. The F treefiddy never slowed down with cruise set @75 when the trailer went 1 wheeler. I feel very lucky nobody got hurt on that deal.

Welllll it's starting to warm up in NC.....
Screenshot_20180319-164104.png
so it's time to start fixing all the broken crap I have.
#1: injectors in the truck
#2: put a winch and bow stop on the weird hybrid ski/car/boat/whatever you strap to it trailer
#3: oil injection in the boat
#4: (depending on weather the wife is asking or not) boat interior and Bimini top
#5: (could be #4) re build carbs on gnarly 98SPX I aquired from my buddy
IMG_20171128_155915392.jpg
#5.5: teach wife to ride super clean 97XP I aquired from same buddy
7809.jpeg
#6: don't break as much shit this summer as I did last summer.
#7: keep fixing broken chit

Attachments

• 7809.jpeg
    7809.jpeg
    563.9 KB · Views: 8
Damn man, that's some shit luck with the trailers. Could have been worse though. Good thing you saw the cracks now rather than later when it dumped your boat onto the hwy. I had a double ski trailer like that, that we had since 1991. One of the beams completely rusted through. Some guy still gave me $50 for it, despite me pointing out the problem. As for tires, I'll never buy anything but radials from now on. I had a 6month old tire shed 50% of the tread going 70mph. Bought it at the Tractor Supply new that season.
You're not the first to use a flat-bed trailer as a boat trailer. My buddy used to use his dirt bike trailer to launch his X4. Another guy on Jordan Lake hauls/launches his stand-ups from a van.
I think I'm gonna learn what RUSTY really is now that I'm only going to ride in salt here in S Fl. It's pretty though.
I fondly remember my early season rides in NC. They'd start about January, and we'd all be wearing full on skiing gear. It's still awesome, especially all the birds. Central NC gets huge flocks of gulls on the lakes, and it's really something to see them all take flight at once against a perfect blue sky.

Yep, I really didn't want this trailer project till after I get a camper but is what it is. And I have a few largeish money items with the truck injectors, interior, and Bimini but no truck no lake, no interior and top no happy wife so she will just have to budget according to my 2 stroke addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back