The chronicles of the Kracken.... project thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread locker check, new gaskets check, fully closed throttle check, wot check, clean powervalves check, 3k idle on trailer check, tow rig not check waiting on buddy to come with his, then we test :cheers:
Got a big weekend at Smith Mountian Lake in VA next weekend and I need to make sure this baby is good so I went to advance auto and got a roll of gasket paper and cut my own carb base gaskets out and put a dab of locktite on the carb bolts. Hopefully the carb getting loose was my only problem :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess which bolt backed out to teach me to always use thread locker from then on???

If you guessed the bolt holding the flame arrestor, such that when it backs out and falls in, it blocks your rotary valve and destroys your brass gear, you are CORRECT!

Just remember. One crossed thread is as good as any lockite[emoji12]

13402304_1542712809365617_8007214_n.jpg

It ran like a champ! Slight loading in the longer no wake zones and a tiny hesitation off idle but all other circuits seem to be good. Perhaps my idle is a bit rich. Do some scrubbin and it will be ready for SML:cheers:

Guess which bolt backed out to teach me to always use thread locker from then on???

If you guessed the bolt holding the flame arrestor, such that when it backs out and falls in, it blocks your rotary valve and destroys your brass gear, you are CORRECT!

Im glad it didnt inhale any thing it wasnt supposed to

The first time out one my Kawasaki stand up my son fell off, and the thing kept going at twenty miles per hour heading for shore. I was on a Seadoo ski; I had to chase the Kawi jump off the Seadoo superman style and grab the Kawi. It turned out the previous owner had not bent up the bolt locks on the carburetor; they came loose, and I had a runaway ski. All turned out OK.

I'm glad you found the problem before any damage could happen.

It was weird, it would only start with the choke out then wouldnt run good till after about 3k rpms then was normal, no running away no surging. I guess pulling the choke made the carb line up with the port or something who knows. Im glad it didnt roast any thing :cheers:

Definitely lucky there but glad you figured it out. Did you take the carbs off the other engine to put loctite on those as well?

Well due to some salty honda issues the kraken is going to the lake george meet up:thumbsup: Got it all cleaned up, lights working on trailer, grease trailer bearings, tags good, greased pto, got a ridiculous amount of xps20161102_222642.jpg, did all the crap the wife wants me to do few more odds and ends to pack and were rollin :cheers:

That's more XPS than most Seadoo boats use in a lifetime.

Hope you have a great time:driving:

That's more XPS than most Seadoo boats use in a lifetime.

Hope you have a great time:driving:

Not when you have no oil injection:facepalm: Im planning on fixing that soon and if the hondas hadnt let me down id be taking them, but I'll be the haul boat and help the 2 stroke guys make it on some longer rides :thumbsup:

I want to come back out your way again one of these days, crazy landscape you guys have out there. Ill get in on a west coast meet :cheers:

burned up another exhaust hose, new water regulator, checked jet on tuned pipe, new clear hose from WR to jet and I see water moving..... ideas?

ran pretty much WTFO the entire time at lake George chasing skis around, unless there is vegetation in there some where, cant look yet...have to go to a high school foot ball game instead of work on the boat :facepalm:

burned up another exhaust hose, new water regulator, checked jet on tuned pipe, new clear hose from WR to jet and I see water moving..... ideas?

ran pretty much WTFO the entire time at lake George chasing skis around, unless there is vegetation in there some where, cant look yet...have to go to a high school foot ball game instead of work on the boat :facepalm:
Aren't they gonna recognize a full beard under that helmet?

You must have a clog somewhere. Especially since all 3 of us on the skis on that day had to jump off in gator heaven to unclog jet pumps lol.

Took the light bulb out and put the pink joose in it. Now a good scrub and its off to bed for 2 months or so1482437331406.jpg

I have a sneeking suspicion that is what the speedster is gonna get....... I want to but the darn thing did wayyyyyy better on fuel than I was expecting except while dragging [MENTION=29781]Spimothy Leary[/MENTION] back to the dock. A set of those psi twin pipes matt had for sale would be cool as shit. It would be sweet to have a verrrrry angry set of 787s piped to the moon with tall props and vts and all the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back