Temp and oil sensor conversion

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colseadoo1955

I am doing a baseline rebuild on my 1997 Seadoo GSI 717. As my factory digital gauge is bad and nearly impossible to find for these rare GSIs, I would like to just install some new analog gauges and wire them up, i.e. by-passing the MPEC. This engine has a temperature sensor on top of the head between the two spark plugs that apparently affects a ground for something, either an indicator on my digital gauge (that again is bad), or a warning buzzer or maybe even an emergency shutdown. I would like to know if I can use this sensor or a substitute that will fit the threads for the analog temp gauge. Does anyone had advice on this and maybe know what temperature range that sensor should run at? I have the same basic question regarding the factory oil sensor which has me confused anyway as there is some sort of "roller" on the end of this sensor and I haven't a clue how that thing works.

The temperature sensor it just a switch that closes at a set temperature and sets off the buzzer. It just grounds out a wire.

You don’t need a temperature gauge, just a warning it’s getting hot. You could wire the buzzer directly to the battery and just have the existing sensor ground the other side but then you loose the function of the beeper for the DESS.

Honestly just ignore the gauge, the buzzer will still be your overheating alarm. Remove the seat to check fuel level and oil lev and you have reserve to get back to shore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back