Supercharger Washers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

What year did they change from Ceramic to Stainless Steel Washers in the supercharger.

Cheers
Late 08' -> 09'

My 08' has the Ceramic washers, and my co-worker also with an 08' has the stainless steel washers. Both boats were purchased from the same dealership.

May '08?

The boat I'm looking at was built in May, '08 (from the HIN). Does that mean it probably has the ceramic washers? It has 47 hours on it, so if they are the steel washers, can I reasonably expect to wait until I hit 100 hours to do a SC service?

Thanks.

The boat I'm looking at was built in May, '08 (from the HIN). Does that mean it probably has the ceramic washers? It has 47 hours on it, so if they are the steel washers, can I reasonably expect to wait until I hit 100 hours to do a SC service?

Thanks.

Steel washers, wait till 100 hrs...

Ceramic, change them immediately to steel, dont wait.... I did and now I sleep better at night.

KH

Supercharger slipping

I have a '03 GTX SC with a slipping SC. Is there a remedy out there that I can do without upgrading to the '08 style shaft and clutch assembly?

Yes, you can install the Riva washers or the R&D washers. I prefer the R&D ones. You may have to take your engine apart now to clean out the ceramic washer pieces and to repair/rebuild the oil pumps.

Chester

I did not think that the '03 had the ceramic washers. Didn't those start in '04? From what I have been told, the '03 had no washers at all.

ATTENTION 2004-2007 SEA-DOO RXP, RXT, GTX and 215 WAKE OWNERS: Sea-Doo (BRP) has agreed to a proposed class action settlement covering the ceramic washer problem with 2004-2007 4-Tec Series supercharged watercraft. Owners who purchased these boats in CA can submit claims for reimbursement of costs associated with washer failures and for costs incurred to replace the ceramic washers. Also, BRP is extending warranty coverage on washer failure. Here is the link to the settlement website, which includes details and a claim form:

http://www.ceramicwashersettlement.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back