Supercharger Upgrade on 2005 RXT

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

russellb

I have a 2005 RXT that is due for a supercharger rebuild. I'm considering an upgrade to the X-charger with the 42# injectors. What kind of horsepower increase and top speed increase should I see without an impeller change? With an impeller change? What kind of horsepower increase could be gained later with an intercooler upgrade?

As far as horsepower gains go its hard to tell since its impossible to dyno a ski unless you pull the motor and bolt it to an engine dyno. That said, 42lb injectors and a X charger should put you close to what a 260 engine makes. You will have the less efficient intercooler until you upgrade that. I think you should come close to 70 with a stock impeller and probably around 72 with a 14/17R. The biggest gain you'll see is in acceleration. Another option is the ET127 wheel for your existing SC. I've heard that throttle response is very crisp with that wheel and it also produces more boost that a stock X charger.

I agree with going x charger. If you decide to go bigger after that, it's a good platform to build from. I'm actually installing an ET127 today into a supercharger rebuild.

As mentioned, don't get too caught up in HP numbers. It's really hard to measure and if you dyno'd any SeaDoo they are known to be slightly optimistic in their rating. Concern yourself more with top speed numbers or acceleration, something any GPS can tell you where you have made gains. We have the x charger and et 127 wheel at the PWCMuscle store too

I wasn't able to find the ET 127 wheel on the website. Which is more preferable? The ET 127 wheel upgrade or the X charger. How fast should I be able to go on x charger and 42# injectors on an otherwise stock 2005 RXT? An impeller upgrade probably won't happen until next season.

On a bone stock ski with just 42s and X charger you should probably see 67-69 I'd guess. Reason being the restrictive air intake. A 4" air intake will make a world of difference for it.

Hp will increase...maybe....+20 or so. But his limiter will keep him under 8150...and with a stock prop...he'll get there quicker...but he ain't gonna spin that oem prop any faster than 8100-8150.

Russell,

These things are in balance....when the motor is under load...and eveything is working properly...you will see 64-66mph @ 8100rpm. If you add boost...and fuel...you'll be making more power...but the limiter is still gonna keep your r's down. That's it's job. So...since you're gonna be adding more boost...and fuel...how do you go faster and still stay under the limiter?....add load, that is...tweek the trailing edge of your oem prop or swap it and go with a taller prop. This will give you more speed while staying under the limiter.

What's really important here...how fast are you turning that oem prop with everything being stock?

An x-wheel, exic and 42#r's will bring you to 255hp or so. Without the exic...a 14/17 will prolly suit you just fine...however...if you plan on going with an exic in the near future....I'd go with a 14/19...tweeked to suit.

There's other things to do as well though...better air intake....flushing your aftermarket grate....maybe a wedge...skegs....opas block-offs....ect.

Bolting on go fast goodies w/o taking care of the lil stuff will leave you disappointed.

ET127 wheel, 42lb injectors and a prop repitch is a nice bang for the buck. I did the ET127 wheel as my charger only had about 6 months and 10 hours since rebuild so it was cheaper and easier to swap out the wheel vs buying a complete X charger.

I did those three to my RXP over the winter with no other mods and picked up almost 5mph and a nice strong snappy midrange pull that puts a grin on my face.

What would the price for the supercharger rebuild with the ET 127 wheel install be? Does the ET 127 wheel outperform the X charger? Or does the X charger offer a higher performance level? Will the ET 127 impeller require an upgrade to 42# injectors as well?

I agree with going x charger. If you decide to go bigger after that, it's a good platform to build from. I'm actually installing an ET127 today into a supercharger rebuild.

As mentioned, don't get too caught up in HP numbers. It's really hard to measure and if you dyno'd any SeaDoo they are known to be slightly optimistic in their rating. Concern yourself more with top speed numbers or acceleration, something any GPS can tell you where you have made gains. We have the x charger and et 127 wheel at the PWCMuscle store too

If considering between the two, go X charger. The housing is larger and it will out perform the et 127 with its 137mm wheel. Also you can upgrade the X charger further. I'm out right now and using my phone but I believe the et 127 is about $375 plus the $415 for rebuild and $25 for viton seal. For $1000 you can have a brand new X charger. You'll want 42s

Ok, the engines can go into the MANY hundreds and easily into the thousands of hours with proper maintenance.

The sponsor of this site is WWW.PWCmuscle.com.

I strongly recommend them for the rebuilds of the SC’r. Last price I recall was $435 and that included a complete rebuild, updated shaft, all OEM Parts and return freight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back