Supercharger Hose Clamp Size

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPass

So I just shipped out our superchargers for rebuild and I have a question.

What size hose clamps are required on the SC'er outlet/inlet hoses? Are they 3"?

Ours had the original, single use clamps on the hoses, so we obviously need to replace with new.

I was thinking of a banded T handle type clamp as opposed to the standard worm style. My only concern is the thickness of the band. I didn't see any dimensions other than circumference.

Boat currently has 177 hours on her and it doesn't appear that these SC'ers have ever been rebuilt. I also noticed there was some oil on the intake sides of the superchargers when I was removing them.

Here's a pic of the SC'ers and the clamps I'm thinking of using.

Any feedback would be great.

20170108_150642.jpg

20170108_150658.jpg

Clamps.jpg

Attachments

• 20170108_150642.jpg
    20170108_150642.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
Welp put one on today;( sucker won't tighten enough.Tightened all the way it just started getting tight with over 1 1/4" of thread past nut.Nutz

Welp put one on today;( sucker won't tighten enough.Tightened all the way it just started getting tight with over 1 1/4" of thread past nut.Nutz

Yeah, I had the same problem. The clamps worked fine on the supercharger inlet hose, but the outlet hose clamps would bottom out before the clamp could seal properly. I would get the 2 3/4" clamps if I were to do it again.

Just responded to my thread on this... 3" too big and 2.5 too small... Ordered the 2.34 and going to try those

I should probably pull my superchargers and send out for rebuild, about 80 hours on the boat, 2012 model.

Thanks for the link, I'll be ordering the clamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back