Strange code, eng light under load.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh_dannyboy85

Hey everyone!!
Have a bit of a strange one with my 2010 rxt 260 rs.
Was riding the other day bout 100 kph or so. Was feelin good,
Slowed down to an idle then tried accelerating again.
Engine light and warning beep occurred. Limped back to the ramp.
Even when flushing out light was still on.
Seems to me that could be a connection issue as it did it previously
On the same ride. I can't find any info bout the code or a fix.
It's code P106E. I think I had dtc for the throttle sens as well which would
Explain limp mode. I read somewhere they had issues with cleanliness of throttle body.
Removed and cleaned that. That code is now gone and can rev but not smoothly.
Previously it has had a map sensor replaced.
Has anyone heard of an issue with this or can elaborate on the code?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers. -Dan

No, once problem is resolved, the code will clear itself and go from an active code to an occurrence.

Hey mate, now plugs fitted, started up. Eng light flashes only at idle but can rev without it flashing. Seems smooth. Haven't put the ski in the water yet but code p1611 now present. Is this something that may come good with the ski in the water?

No, this won't clear itself. You have a problem, throttle actuator power stage fault is the problem. normally this from the intercooler leaking and getting water into the tb. do you get the P1615 code as well(you have to scroll through)?

when you cleaned the tb, did you take the gear out and clean the butterfly thoroughly? this fault can also be from the butterfly valve not operating smoothly. also, you really should reset the TPS but you'll need BUDS for this.

Well gets stranger mate, only started to get the codes today to let you know. So have got p106e again and also a C2161 code as well. I'm wondering wether ecu might be fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back