Steering cable very tight

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
xmas today, I just popped on quick...

Welcome to the seadooforum duffy, I'll check tomorrow in the manual section and let you know the best proceedure to remove the cable ends to lube it. If you want, you could join as a premium member then see the parts diagram and the instructions for removal. As a premium member you get to view on line, or download a authentic seadoo manual right from seadoo in the seadoo forum's manual library. Click the link at the top of the page for details.
I'll still try to get back to your question tomorrow...I just popped on the seadoo forum quick and didn't want to keep you hanging.:)
Karl

Steering cable?

The steering cable shouldn't be tight. The cables don't normally need internal lubricant.
Try this. Take your steering cable loose at the pump nozzle and try to move the nozzle by hand to see that it's free. Then try and turn your steering cable to see if it's free. Find out which is tight....the cable or the nozzle. If it's the cable, look for kinks or any other sign of damage. Check to see if it's visibly worn or binding against something.

I checked the manual too, and seadoosnipe is correct that they don't need internal lube. I agree with the proceedure to check for tight turning componets.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back