Stator keeps burning out, leaving me stranded!!! HELP!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Utopia1330

Hey guys,

I have replaced the stator 3 to 4 times already, just changed spark cables, coils, rectifier and cleaned all ground connections but the stator keeps running hot and burning out. Anyone that had seen this or experienced this before can help me out? I have been stranded a few times which you guys know the feeling. Battery is new and charged but I can’t figure this out. Only thing I have to change will be the switch boxes which are expensive if I could find them.

Hey guys,

I have replaced the stator 3 to 4 times already, just changed spark cables, coils, rectifier and cleaned all ground connections but the stator keeps running hot and burning out. Anyone that had seen this or experienced this before can help me out? I have been stranded a few times which you guys know the feeling. Battery is new and charged but I can’t figure this out. Only thing I have to change will be the switch boxes which are expensive if I could find them.
Need to know year and model of engine.

2001 carb M2 210.
The stator / alternator under the flywheel, right?

You did not say what section of stator is failing. Battery charge or ignition power?

Check the battery. Does it take a charge? What is the voltage while cranking?
A bad battery can damage the regulators (there are two) that could damage the stator.

Ignition side- start checking output voltages and resistance according to service book.

The stator / alternator under the flywheel, right?

You did not say what section of stator is failing. Battery charge or ignition power?

Check the battery. Does it take a charge? What is the voltage while cranking?
A bad battery can damage the regulators (there are two) that could damage the stator.

Ignition side- start checking output voltages and resistance according to service book.

Ignition power failure, burns out then no spark until I replaced the stator again. Where is the other regulator located? I thought there was only one near the switch box. Can you send me the schematics if possible?

Ignition power failure, burns out then no spark until I replaced the stator again. Where is the other regulator located? I thought there was only one near the switch box. Can you send me the schematics if possible?

Service book is available here to d/l for cheap.

One more time here-details matter-- we are talking about the stator and not the trigger/timing base under the flywheel.
(The trigger/timing base moves with the throttle.)

I think your engine only has one regulator. Check output voltage from it. Should be no more than 14V. Check cdielectronics.com for some specific tests.

Check your ground wires. There are several. No green corroded connections allowed. Stator, regulator, and each black box (3) have ground wires.

Back