Startup..and p0616 check engine.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofla

Suggestive of a circuit faliure on the starter relay... that's what I've read...
First ...for these purposes is solenoid the same as relay? Are they used interchangeably but refer to the same part?
Or am I looking for each?

Here are the facts...
Got good tone from the DESS. panel lights up and all accessories switches functioning..
I hit the start button and nothing... not so much as a click.

If I short the solenoid... it turns over and fired.
I didnt let it run ... I let it stall out.. (hasn't run in a while so I expected it'd need to clear its throat till it warmed up ) typical is that it starts... runs and stalls out... repeat. Sometimes repeat again... but in short order it settles in and holds low rpm idle and doesn't stall after this initial routine.

So I just wanted to see if it would show anything having given no audible click when trying to start.

So nothing at the ignition button but fires when shorting the solenoid.

All switches gauges ect... fuses and so on... all checked and rechecked.

Has this P0616 error code along with the check engine light.

In reading up... it's like there are literally like 10 little things that could attribute to such an anomaly.
Is there no way to narrow the scope a bit based on symtomology?
Neutral safety switch... ?
Sensor somewhere?
Unchecked or obscured fuse to check?
Solenoid?
Start button itself potentially failed?

Bilge circuit short?
Ground connection ?
Polarity mistakenly crossed somewhere or with something ?
Worn cable missed when checking over?

Or just solenoid (relay).. failed and sometimes it will.click and other times not?

Lastly...
Will it always turnover when shorting the leads of the solenoid? As in would it work whether solenoid was bad or good... either way its trying to start?

Knowing that there are test protocols one by one to whittle it down ... I guess I the interest of time and the hope for ease.... I was really hoping to hear of patterns of this tr and model ? Maybe a common issue that sounds familiar?
Broken down by reverse engineering the sounds and symtoms? Or is that overly ambitious?

Must clear the p0616 error as that is stopping the start button directly.?

Please.. please. With my thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back