Starting without top deck on

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Dreamflyer

Hey team, new here, but 4yrs in with my '15 spark and 86hrs..

I'm looking for a way to start my spark without the top deck being on (in the water but on the trailer..)

Reason being...
I have a leak. A considerable leak. I did tests of 5 mins 'normal' running and got just under a litre of water out the back...
I thought it may have been a rusty crank (seen salt twicein its life in the last 12 months) so I've had all the pto off, changed all the seals in there, New rubber boot on the end of the shaft, new bellows..whole driveline behind the pump is new apart from the shaft itself and pto housing.
I wondered if maybe I installed it all wrong, so PTO off again, and all the seals/grease/insides - dry as. Deffinately no water there. Just been for a ride and had a rag wrapped under the pto/bellows... Seemingly dry. That was a 2 min squirt and there was maybe 200ml.

If I just float the boat without the deck or running,. It stays dry. If I just idle for 10mins, seemingly dry (hard to see through the access holes and water ox..). I seem to get water at a great rate when I give it some gas...
I'm kind of over not being able to see squat and taking the deck on and off a million times, so want to know how I can start the machine on the trailer (even idling) so I can see seepage?

Any ideas?

One of two options:

1) Have the top deck off to the side as much as possible (limited room, you'll have to squeeze yourself in there with a flashlight to see what's happening)
2) Buy a maintenance harness. Essentially an extension harness cable (you'll still need your top deck nearby buy it can be on the ground as the harness is fairly long). Maintenance Harness for Sea Doo Spark [Spark Maint Harness] : PWC Performance Parts

You can definitely get the job done with the harness though, just have someone hold the top deck out of the way while you peek inside the hull.

Dreamflyer, any success tracking that leak down (hope you’re able to get back on water ASAP!)

PS - you can get 10% off whatever you order through that 4-tec Performance Parts Store - just use coupon code ‘greenhulk’

I didn’t know about those 10’ “extension cords” but, I definitely have one on my Wish List at the 4-tec Performance Parts Store, now! (I just ordered a spare Riva performance pump seal ring yesterday but, before I can order that Maintenance Harness I gotta save me up $185 more shekels! :)

Dreamflyer, any success tracking that leak down (hope you’re able to get back on water ASAP!)

PS - you can get 10% off whatever you order through that 4-tec Performance Parts Store - just use coupon code ‘greenhulk’

I didn’t know about those 10’ “extension cords” but, I definitely have one on my Wish List at the 4-tec Performance Parts Store, now! (I just ordered a spare Riva performance pump seal ring yesterday but, before I can order that Maintenance Harness I gotta save me up $185 more shekels! :)
Hey @Spank welcome to SeaDooForum.com check out our official parts site www.pwcmuscle.com for performance parts. We also give 10% off with code extreme10 and will beat any price out there :thumbs-up:

Back