Starting without key on

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jwills1978

I'm having some issues that I need guidance on. 1998 Sea-Doo Bombardier GTI. Ski has been fine for a couple of seasons. Came out to prep and no beep or start. Tested battery and started solenoid and both checked out so I simply tightened up everything and connected the battery and it begins to turn over without the key. I disconnected the battery and put the key in and it started the ski without me hitting start. I disconnected cables again and it continued to run with key removed and start/stop button pressed. I had to choke it out. I've yet to find any specific thread to address this yet, but any direction from you all would be of great help. I can't determine if it's the main comp, starter switch or DESS post?

Sounds like an air leak,,,at the carb,,,(base gasket),,,or front or rear crank seals,,,I have a Yamaha that would not turn off,,,turned out be improperly inserted rear crank seal and case sealer leaking.

Back