Starting Idle Jumping around - Update - Made video a link

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaTeRMaNiaC407

I was talking with JPass and he suggested that I post a video of my tach and what was happening when I start up my boat.

This is a 2012 Speedster HO and the motor it was recently rebuilt. The idle has jumped around like this since I got the boat back. This will eventually go away on the water when the boat gets up to temperature. It will hold RPMS perfectly still when cruising too.

This boat has had brand new injectors, fuel pump and throttle body.

Check out the video.....and hopefully someone knows where I should look next to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Last edited:
Can I ask water maniac why did you have to rebuild your motor? I did see it has almost 300 hours is that right?

Can I ask water maniac why did you have to rebuild your motor? I did see it has almost 300 hours is that right?

The motor had about 225 hours on when it was rebuilt.

The short story is that, I had my impeller come loose on drive shaft. The drive shaft was pushed into the motor and ground away at the thrust washers and god knows what else. The motor seized up shortly after that happened.

I fixed all the stuff with the pump but paid someone to rebuild the motor. He never was available again to resolve the problems that were new after the rebuild. ie. This idle problem.

The boat runs awesome and I have full top speed. Just this erratic problem when I start it and the motor is cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back