Starter - 180 SE Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macker29

Looking to replace the OEM starter in my 2010 180 SE Challenger. I have not had any issues with it, but it does seem to be getting a little weak. It is the original starter so wondering if there are any reliable aftermarket starters out there? I have read that the OEM starters are really good, but they are also very expensive. I am not interesting in a rebuild, so looking to buy new.

Thoughts?

What makes you think your starter is on the outs? Mine is 2007 but ~200 hours. Starting was a little sluggish when I bought but a new battery solved that. I have no experience with anything else, so take it for what it’s worth.

Nothing really other than it seemed to be a little weaker at the end of the season. Batteries are in pretty good shape I would say...both were new at the beginning of the season.

Just looking to do some preventative maintenance.

Looking to replace the OEM starter in my 2010 180 SE Challenger. I have not had any issues with it, but it does seem to be getting a little weak. It is the original starter so wondering if there are any reliable aftermarket starters out there? I have read that the OEM starters are really good, but they are also very expensive. I am not interesting in a rebuild, so looking to buy new.

Thoughts?
Don’t get an aftermarket one. People told me not to and I did anyway. I ended up paying someone else to do it again and had to buy an oem starter. More hassle than it’s worth

Don’t get an aftermarket one. People told me not to and I did anyway. I ended up paying someone else to do it again and had to buy an oem starter. More hassle than it’s worth
Thank you for the info. I guess I will bite the bullet and pay for an OEM. I do NOT want to be stranded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back