START/STOP BUTTON??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel1102

The start/stop button on my 2002 GTX is very hard to push. Is it hard to replace the button?? Suggestions please. Thanks in advance.

If you ski is like mine, it's not what you think. The button isn't the issue, it's the lanyard on the DESS post. The next time you have a hard time starting, remove the lanyard from the post and reattach it. Then press the button.

I've had mine apart, and the red rubber cover lays on top of a small microswitch. The microswitch pin is about 1/8" in diameter. Make sure you get the two beeps before you attempt to start.

When the red button deteriorates it can make the button hard to press.

They are cheap and easy to replace.
A small pick can help them get started and they just pull out.

When I changed my DESS post last year, replacing the button would have been very easy (once you have opened the top of the handles).

Like miki said the red rubber part which gets hard and deteriorates just pulls out with a pick, no need to take anything apart unless of course you want to mess something up.

I assume your talking about a 2002 4 stroke since you're in the section. The 4tecs don't pull out with a pick. They are rectangle shaped, not round. There is a single screw on the bottom and the outer housing cover will come off. Even easier to change than the round ones which are easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back