Start out of water?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

briton68

My Seadoo Sportster sat up for about 8 weeks after Hurricane Ike and the battery was dead the first time I tried to take it out. It was the original battery,so I put a new one in and it ran fine. My question is,can I start the engine without it being in the water during the winter to make sure the battery doesn't go dead. I'm thinking since it has the intercooled engine it will be ok, but I just wanted to make sure.

Welcome to the seadoo forum briton68. First thing is you should include more information on you seadoo in you avatar, use mine as an example. In general it it is a inter looping cooled 4-tec then you shouldn't let it run for more than a few seconds as it has no way to cool the bearings or seals in the jet pumps or cool the transfer plates that cool the engine. If you just want to check the battery and not run the seadoo, remove the battery from the Hull and charge it up every month...If you just purchased the seadoo, I recommend you read the manuals that came with the machine. There will be detailed information in the owners manual. If you need one you could join the forum as a premium member and down load one along with a service manual also. Click on the manuals link at the top of the page for details.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back