Starbucks Coffee in my oil.. Or atleast thats what it looks like

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

meangene21

So the first time i took the boat out this year it was having surging problems. Couldn't go past 15mph and wouldnt stay about 4k rpm's. Drained the oil and went out again.. Same problem... Checked the oil and OMG.... It looks like milk or Starbucks coffee. What am I dealing with here? There is NO noticable coolant level drop at all. Did water get in my oil over the winter? I am taking it to the shop today but I hope to just get some idea's of how bad my wallet is going to hurt after this.........

Oh yeah.. I have a 2007 SeaDoo Challenger 180.

sounds like your a head gasket your probubly gonna be hurtin pretty bad unless you do the work yourself which is pretty easy. GET READY FOR THE OUCHIEEEEEEEEE HAHAHA SORRY TO HEAR THAT IT REALLY SUCKS BUT YOULL BE ALRIGHT

sounds like your a head gasket your probubly gonna be hurtin pretty bad unless you do the work yourself which is pretty easy. GET READY FOR THE OUCHIEEEEEEEEE HAHAHA SORRY TO HEAR THAT IT REALLY SUCKS BUT YOULL BE ALRIGHT

I thought this was the case but I still can't believe that a 2007 with 15 hours blew a head gasket....... Would that cause the motor to run as i explained? I guess it really doesnt matter, might as well go ahead and replace the plugs too... Replacing a car head gasket.. No problem.... replacing this head gasket.. Don't think i want to go down that road.. Not yet anyways.... whats ballpark figures for a head gasket replacement and all that?

who winterized the boat for you? they may not have done it right and that is what caused it to blow or you may possibly have a cracked block. it could be anything but milky oil is definetly caused by water getting into it especially because it did it again after you drained it. As for time to replace it it took me about 8 hours but i worked at my own pace they can do it faster but every dealer will tell you something different so figure at least 5 hours times 90 dollars per hour labor and OUCH. the gasket itself is only like 50 bucks or so if i remember correctly so if you can find someone who knows what they r doin just flip them a hundo and let them do it or attempt it yourtself trust me its not that bad. it just looks scary

There is a good possibility that it is your intercooler leaking water into the intake manifold which will milk up your oil and give bad engine performance. I see it alot here in fl. because of the salt water enviroment. Make sure that it is checked first before someone condemns the head gasket. :cheers:
Besides, a leaking head gasket would cause the coolant bottle level to drop. The intercooler uses outside water.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a good possibility that it is your intercooler leaking water into the intake manifold which will milk up your oil and give bad engine performance. I see it alot here in fl. because of the salt water enviroment. Make sure that it is checked first before someone condemns the head gasket. :cheers:
Besides, a leaking head gasket would cause the coolant bottle level to drop. The intercooler uses outside water.

Would have to agree with Dennis, if it was a head gasket it would smoke like hell and you would be able to smell it via the exhaust....white milky oil is water getting in, read a post that someone posted not too long ago that had the same problem on a speedster 150, he took out the intercooler and found it was completely rotted out....he replaced it and all was good!! just make sure you drop the oil a few times once you figure were it's coming from....good luck

good thinking guys i didnt think of that for some reason. I guess i just jumped the gun on the most obvious problem. Guess it pays off to think harder but i was at work and dont like to do that toooo much here. haha but yeah that definetly sounds like the problem sorry to mislead you.
thanks

Good Looking out guys... I dropped it off at the boat shop and when they call me tomorrow I will ask them about the Intercooler.. Where the heck is the inter cooler on these things? All I found connected to the supercharger was a lot of plastic line and boxes...

good thinking guys i didnt think of that for some reason. I guess i just jumped the gun on the most obvious problem. Guess it pays off to think harder but i was at work and dont like to do that toooo much here. haha but yeah that definetly sounds like the problem sorry to mislead you.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back