Starboard won't rev past 4k

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jords

Hello all

I have searched and searched and can't find an answer

This is what happened, the boat was running great all day long. Shut her down and when it was time to take off again, I left it in netrual and hit the gas and she started shaking because the reverse gate was down. Put it in foward and now it won't rev past 4k in or out of the water (port is running fine). When WOT out of the water she backfires at 4k and feels like it's trying to go more.

I know to check to basics plugs,filter carbs etc.... I am just wondering if anyone has a starting point before I strip and replace everything lol

so there is a switch for each motor then. I didn't know that , i thought there was 1 and it was ok because the port motor is maxing out

yeah...theres another "similar" thread as yours, and I mentioned sam thing, but "questioned" my own answer, figuring the "switch" controlled both motors, but had 4-5 other posts, mentioning to check that switch also, so... Aint that difficult, remove the 4 scres, then assy, lifts right out.

I agree it sounds like a sticky micro switch....When removing those 4 screws spray them down good with PB Blaster and let them soak...there are 4 more under the cover plate too...do the same or they wind up stripping out the heads as the threads get corroded and you have to drill, tap and replace them. Every seadoo I pull the cover off, they end up being corroded bad.

Karl

Exact same thing happened to mine this weekend ran it all day friday & saturday.Sunday took it out ran great for most of the day the bleh ping pop sputter limped home doin 20.Got couple hundred yards from shore then Vroom ran great,parked it woke up this morning took it out ran like a champ went to rip back to dock..ping pang borked 20km home again..
Pulled it outa the water brought it home stuck it in the lake here dang engine barely even started,but it finally did and same thing wont rev up, irratic idle didnt have time to check carbs or anything but will do 1st thing in the am..

so it wasn't the neutral switch, I bypassed it and still the same. it actually turned out to be the plugs. I put new ones in and she just roared. I do have another question though, I did notice that when I push my choke back in the valve didnt fully open it went about 75% does the motor push the remainder out? if that makes sense

so all in all it was a combination of needing new plugs and a stuck choke

Your interpretation in the first post told us a of a different problem. (I guess you had to be there)
The choke should fully open. Check the cable adjustment so it does and lube it while your at it.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
oh I was convinced it was the switch also , she would jump to 4 k and then back up abit.....now if the choke was partially closed would it act like a limiter?

No, it would stall because of getting too much fuel. That's what A choke does. Chokes the air and adds more fuel to the carbs caused by the vacuum of the fuel into the engine.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back