SPX 98 VTS issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Ardilla

Hi

I have some issues with my VTS on a SPX 98... After reading a lot on the forum and making many tests I powered directly from the battery the purple connector that is going out of the MPEM: VTS is working fine when connecting the purple directly with the baterry. It seems that I have no power on the purple wire from the MPEM to the VTS.
On the other hand JET is working perfectly, VTS gauge are working also normally and showing the position, buzzer too and other accessories!

Any chance to have some tips and next steps to follow or how to fix it? I removed the MPEM and opened it but there is a lot of connectors and I am little lost at this point for next steps.

Thanks in advance
Frederic

Module is fine apparently. With +12V from battery on the purple wire of the MPEM VTS is operating.
Anything that i can test in the MPEM

No as the mpem is a sealed unit and other than the diode nobody has reverse engineered it.

The person with the most mpem knowledge is @Minnetonka4me.

Thanks I will contact them but do you know why all is working on the ski but there is no power on the purple wire for the VTS? is this a usual issue from MPEM??
for the module, motor and gauge all work properly if I supply 12v from the battery directly to the purple wire from the MPEM

Thanks

me again :)
It is possible to have a photo of how the wire are connect into the MPEM ?
I have a doubt on how to connect the 2 Yellow-Red ? one is going to VTS and the other one to the Start/stop according the wire diagram of spx 98.
I do not know which one is the one going to the Start / stop and the one going to the VTS.

any chance to have a picture ?

thanks

I put a trimix on my 97 xp and works great. My relay in VTS that stops its from going to far up or down must be stuck and was not working letting it move up but would not move down. Trimfix bypass the relay but you must trim worm gear off so at end of movement it just spins.

hi thanks for the info i checked trim fix option but if there is a chance to use my VTS i will try it as module looks fine

Hi, Thanks for asking.
I fixed the VTS, it was the positive coming from front MPEM box. It worked for couples of days and now again not moving...
I will have to fix the fise in rear box and front boxe again... by the way now the light from the oil is also not lighting at any moment...

open to any good idea ;)

Hi all,

Checked VTS issue again.

It seems that VTS is working for down position but not coming up. I switched electric engine of the VTS directly to battery and moved it up manually. Then VTS is moving down but no chance to move it up.

If I apply some pressure or push the VTS block and push up button sometime the VTS is moving up for few seconds but in any case, not more than horizontal level.

Do I have a chance to fix the issue dismantling the VTS or adjusting something or my VTS is fried?

Thanks for any ideas
FC!

The module contains the trimlevel sensor aswell and I noticed on mine that sometimes if going too much in either direction it would stop working in 1 direction and by manually moving to the middle it sometimes work again - few weeks later relays were clicking in both direction so I did the 20$ fix with 2 relays and a waterproof box - took around 30minutes and has worked great :)

Back