sportsler 2001

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kabynhony

Premium Member
Premium Member
I need help!!! Please!! I have no electricity on my plugs, any ideas wha is going on??
Thanks

No ignition spark? Check the ground connectors inside the e-box where the ignition coils are, sometimes they will be lose or corroded.

It's possible the stator ignition trigger is defective, there should be a small AC voltage signal while cranking engine, this signal is used to fire the CDI ignition. Procedure for measurement is in the 2001 XP jetski factory service manual available for online download.

Make sure your spark plugs are known good and aren't fouled, this is very common.

I already checked the ground and its reading 0.04 Oms , sparks are new, I disconnect the wire for the Sparks and cranking the engine and I don't have any power going to the wires!

Then you should do electrical check of the trigger, it's inside the magneto housing, a connector on front of the engine. Procedure to measure resistance and small AC voltage while cranking engine.

1st, check trigger resistance, no need to check further if this fails. wires are yellow with white stripe and black with yellow stripe. Resistance should be 190~300 Ohms and 0.2~0.5VAC MPEM connector #2 pin 9 and pin 1

The box in the rear were you have your ignitioncoils. Someone else can surely help me with the right term for this box....?

The ski guys call it an e-box but the one on my boat is one you would burry in the ground and run conduit to, those crazy canadians.

The main DC 15A fuse is in the e-box, that's the only one I recall. FWIW, the entire BRP Seadoo shop service manual for the 2001 XP 951 is available free online and the electrical diagram is very close to my boat with a few minor differences, well worth having the service manual.

Does your bilge pump work? The reason I ask is, the ground for the bilge pump is made inside the e-box and if the pump doesn't work it's possible the ground is not good.

Yes , it is working, still don't know what to do!!! I checked the fuse and it is ok!

Sportster-2001 , Thank you so much!! I found the problem, thanks to you!
Just fix it!!!! You are the best!!!

1st, check trigger resistance, no need to check further if this fails. wires are yellow with white stripe and black with yellow stripe. Resistance should be 190~300 Ohms and 0.2~0.5VAC MPEM connector #2 pin 9 and pin 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back