Speedster150 2008 vs Speedster 150 supercharged 2007

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrayyan

Hi guys,

I've decided to enter the boat world for the first time, and I have to decided to go for used speedster150 in my stage of this journey.

Now I have found two boats for sale:

1. Speedster 150 with 155hp 2008 model. 107 hours on the engine for $12k

2. Speedster 150 with 215hp supercharged 2007 model. 105 hours on the engine for $12k

Which one do you recommend that I go for? Given the fact they both are in good condition.

Thanks!

For me, i prefer to go fast, so i would go for the supercharged model. It really depends on the availability of getting the supercharger rebuilt. There are varying opinions on when it needs rebuilt for the boats. Some people say 100 hours, some say 200. If it was me, I would spend the 400 bucks and have it done every 400 hours. If there is someplace in Qatar that does that, then dont be afraid of the supercharged model. OR you can get the parts and tools and do it yourself. There are places in the US that will rebuild it at a fair price if you can handle getting it taken off and ship it.

I'm big on avoiding potential annoyance & expense when possible, so I would personally avoid the supercharged one. That being said, the 215hp model is probably a more valuable boat, so I would try to talk the guy with the 155hp one down some & then go with that....

Have a hunt through this forum as there are lots of threads discussing the pros and cons of the seadoo models, top speeds, acceleration, reliability, ability to pull a skier and more.

I'd also check, I think the pump housing was plastic/nylon pre-2008 which led to some complaints of flex causing the wear rings to get cut up on the prop - is this right guys?

I have an '08 155. It uses an average of 10litres of fuel per hour of skiing and is easy to maintain. I'd probably go the SC model next time for a bit more umph - though then I'd probably be complaining about the added costs of the SC and fuel...

Thanks everyone. I think I am leaning towards the 2008 model, since its condition is a bit better than the 2007 model.

I'm having a second thought of buying brand new from US and ship it to Qatar directly. They sell 2012 155hp for $30,000 over here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back