Speedster 200 / Lift

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

svtjoe98

Hey guys,

I just got done re-doing a Speedster 200. I did a large stereo and did custom upholstery from seadooupholstery.com. It looks great! I'll upload some pics this weekend.

Question..We live in South Florida and have access to a dock out back. I want to keep the Speedster out of the water when not in use. The HOA is tough on the jet dock/ floating dock idea...and I don't want to spend the thousands on a elevator lift (permits..install..lots of money).

Are the eye hooks and tow hooks on the Speedster made for lifting? The Davits I am looking at installing are plenty strong, but I'm looking for opinions on how to pick up the Speedster. I don't see much info on a sling cradle...I do see people installing lifting hooks. I am just curious if anyone has any input.

Here's one pic of the sub up front (that was scary cutting that hole). The Jet mat turf isn't installed yet.. Should have some good pics this week!

Thanks for your help,
Joe

Attachments

• IMG_8582.jpg
    IMG_8582.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 25
The bow eye is not meant for lifting. I'm sure it may handle the weight for a brief lift, but not to store long term. I believe the same is true for the rear hooks. You can install lifting rings which are meant for verticle lifting and storage, but not sure what it would cost or how they'd look. Straps would work as well.

Our '92 CorrectCraft ski nautique had a lift ring in the bow and 2 in the transom transom. The bow hook was connected to a verticle steel rod under the bow and into the fiberglass. The rears had some serious brackets behind them in the stern. The boat weighed about 2700 lbs.

Not knowing the year of your boat, I went with a 2012 and the diagram shows a small retaining bracket behind the fiberglass. If the area inside the hull is beefed up, then maybe, but the inner hull is thin, then I wouldn't store from them.

How do you plan on lifting the boat for storage? Do you have a overhead cable lift out back?

Attachments

• rings.jpg
    rings.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back