Speedster 200 booster pac

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Image1527858237.190077.jpg

I have a speedster with twin amp and I’m a little bit scare that the battery may be dead after a long period of listening music. Is it save to boost the boat with a lithium booster pack?

I know my speedster 99 wasn’t but I don’t know about the 2007.

I had the same concern, so I installed a Blue Sea Systems add a battery dual switch along with a second battery I purchased from Autozone. Couldn’t be happier. I was worried it was going to be a pain in the butt to install, but it was fairly straight forward. For less than $200, it is worth the piece of mind knowing you won’t be stranded and it requires no brains after you install. You don’t have to switch anything back and forth. It uses one battery for music if you hook it up that way and won’t touch your other battery that you use to start the boat. Love it and I’m not even affiliated with them.

I also installed second battery to power my system in my S200. I’d invest in that before a booster pack.

We always carry a jumper pack, two batteries or not you never know what might happen. NOCO is my flavor of choice.

I’ve got one on board as well. I’m hoping to do the add a battery kit previously mentioned but until then…

I'm interested in the Blue Sea system for my 06 Utopia 205 SE. Does someone have photos of their setup and which Blue Sea items they used?

Boost packs have been well documented to fry the expensive computers on these watercraft. Seadoo specifically states Do NOT BOOST on the watercraft. That is your warning!

I'm not wanting to start a debate about boosting, but the operators guide has a safety warning about charging/boosting the battery in the boat. These types of warnings are specifically to protect against personal injury. The 2006 guide states "Electrolyte is poisonous and cable of causing severe burns." It makes no mention of component damage. So stating BRP warns against boosting/charging for that reason is inaccurate. That said, I'm NOT saying this practice, if done incorrectly, can't and hasn't caused damage to electrical systems.

I had the same concern, so I installed a Blue Sea Systems add a battery dual switch along with a second battery I purchased from Autozone. Couldn’t be happier. I was worried it was going to be a pain in the butt to install, but it was fairly straight forward. For less than $200, it is worth the piece of mind knowing you won’t be stranded and it requires no brains after you install. You don’t have to switch anything back and forth. It uses one battery for music if you hook it up that way and won’t touch your other battery that you use to start the boat. Love it and I’m not even affiliated with them.

Hey, I like this idea of running two batteries. Where did you mount the second one? Please attach pics if possible.

Thanks!

No, you are wrong. That warning is for electrical system damage not personal injury and even goes back to the early 2-stroke days. It can and will fry the computer and if it was under warranty will void it.

If your battery is dead you can use a good battery or even from another vehicle but do not have the vehicle running and do not use a boost box. A second battery on a switch is a good idea.

No, you are wrong. That warning is for electrical system damage not personal injury and even goes back to the early 2-stroke days. It can and will fry the computer and if it was under warranty will void it.

If your battery is dead you can use a good battery or even from another vehicle but do not have the vehicle running and do not use a boost box. A second battery on a switch is a good idea.

What's the difference between getting a jump from another battery or boat vs a jump pack? They're recommended for cars with computers, but why not boats?

I've seen posts on Thehulltruth regarding jump boxes on boats and no one said they were bad for the electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back