Speedster 150 storage hatch gas spring replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once i got the part number off mine, it came right up on their site. $18 each...great deal compared to the $70 oem price.

RFoster, did you replace the gas shock on your boat 200?If so what was the part #'s from SPD? I don't have my boat here to measure the old shock. Thanks

I just replaced both of my Gas Shocks on my 2012 150 Speedster. One of the original shocks had completely failed. I purchased part# GSNI-2800-60 from the spdhardware site. They fit perfectly and the whole job of replacing the shocks took about 5 min. I was looking at one of the seadoo parts sites and they wanteed $119 for each shock. SPD had them for $21.89 each. I just don't understand why OEM parts need to be marked up so much.

Im also having problems with the front compartment shock of my Speedster 150, glad I found this thread.

I found this site, you can custom make your own gas shock and adjust basically every parameter imaginable, including size of every part, force, speed, damping characteristics and material (stainless steel looks cool). This is the site:
http://www.bansbach.com/index.php/en/contact/configurator

Im in the process of buying from them, Its kinda complicated figuring out all the parameters and what all the options mean, but Ill post if I solve anything. If anybody has experience or has bought shock from them please let us know, what you thought were the best options, and what was the part number you came up with in the configurator?

I recently bought the little 150 Speedster in my Avatar. Great one owner boat with very low hours. Always stored inside, and dealer maintained. After checking it out thoroughly at home in the garage, I had the driver storage compartment hood fall on my head. Painful. I Googled the storage strut for a Speedster 150 and this thread came up. I replaced the hood strut with the Zoro Tools Part ZORO #: G0140226 . The Bansbach # is AF040-024 (the 130# strut). The hood now opens easily requiring a small tug and manually lifting of the lid about 6". Then the strut takes over and GENTLY opens the hood to full extension. No more worries about the wind slamming the hood down on your noggin while you are replacing a fuse, or storing items in the storage compartment. A Great Upgrade!! -The new price as of June 2018 for the strut was $43.95, shipped to Indianapolis, Indiana. This is an old thread, but I am posting for the benefit of others who will be buying used Speedsters. Those gas struts lose their mojo after a few years!

Thank you USMCDAD! I ended up buying the Bansbach AF040-024 for my 2005 sportster from grainger for $40. Install was a breeze.
1. Removed old strut which required removal of 1 of the 2 bolts used to hod the bracket.
2. Strut is easy to pull out once this is done
3. Unscrewed the tops of the old struts. This required a little elbow grease and vice grips
Pulled rubber boot off old strut as new strut doesn't come with one.
4. Installed new strut with boot and tips.

Old strut with rubber boot and tips removed
20190130_183406.jpg

New strut on bottom, old on top
20190130_183421.jpg
Removal of 1 bolt holding bracket. There is a nut and washer on other end of this 10mm bolt. I loosened the the other one to get strut out.
20190130_183615.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back