speedometer suddenly quit working (2000 RX)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

bajaman123

Premium Member
Premium Member
Not at home at the moment to get my Service manual out...so just curious what common causes can make a speedometer quit working suddenly? Yesterday it was working, today it isn't.
I know they aren't accurate and all that, but I am extremely fond of all the 'stuff' working on my machines...I don't care if it's a lawnmower, motorcycle, Sea Doo, car, truck...I want the stuff to work.

Thoughts on cause(s)?

Do the test. Pull the bayonet plugs out of the the first connection in the back of the ski and plug them back where they go. Then connect a volt meter to the power and ground wires (picture shows the 2 outside terminals on this ski). Tan wire is the water temperature. Push the start/stop button and if the system powers up you should read around 9 volts and as you turn the little wheel the voltage should drop to 5 volts or so. If the drop is not pronounced enough the gauge will not read or respond and they sensor is DEAD.

You also have a speed readout on the INFO gauge. If neither gauge is reading it's probably the sensor. I bought a GPS type from Candoo. I'm currently have problems with it on and Dennis is gonna take a look at it. I have a 2000RX also.

Speedometer sensor test.jpeg

I painted the RX cuz the gelcoat just wasn't happening. :) Waiting on graphics.

RX painted Hangar (2).JPG

Back