No start 2000 RX DI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Hinnenkamp

Working here to keep a long story short Purchased a 2000 RX DI jet ski. Will not start. Actions taken - Battery dead and replaced, new battery checked against a good battery tester which verified voltage (also tested it for starting other ski and id did fine) verified engine would turn over by hand which it did, checked all electrical connections for corrosion, cleaned fittings, tightened all, etc. When installing the safety lanyard two beeps heard. Also heard is a whirring noise that lasts for three or four seconds, similar sounding to what a small electric or hydraulic motor might make. It stops on its own. The start button pushed and the same whirring sound happens. Jet ski does not turn over. There was no clicking or chattering sound that I have found at times with defective solenoids, but I bypassed the starting solenoid and the engine appears to turn over fine so starter seems to be okay. Is only the solenoid bad? Or is something in the MPEM causing the solenoid to not operate? The lack of clicking or other noises makes me wonder if the solenoid is bad or if it is something else. No one so far has any idea of the cause and failure to start associated with the whirring sound. I do not get the long single beep that indicates a bad MPEM, only the two beeps when plugging in the lanyard that indicates ready to start? Thoughts of others that have heard or experienced this? Glad to replace the solenoid, but I am wondering if that is the issue. I need to online order parts from my location due to no parts and service and would like to avoid multiple orders if there is a specific known cause of the whirring. Thanks for any thoughts that may help define and correct the issue.

It sure is pointing to a bad solenoid. It cranks when jumping the solenoid so the battery, starter, cables and engine are ok. THe MPEM is acting correctly with the 2 beeps and the other systems are waking up.

One other thing to test is push the start button a few times without the lanyard and see if the ski wakes up. This would confirm the start button is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back