Speaker Grill?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the tweeter is built into the center of the grill. The speaker is made by Jensen. You may be better off just replacing all of the speakers or you make luck out and find some NOS for sale.

I have just bought a full set of original Clarion speakers for my 2006 Speedster
Look on EBay
I found mine in Germany also a discontinued item but wanted to keep as original

I'd like to keep them original as much as possible too. I found the part number for the grill. It's Speaker cover 204471226 but that doesn't help much - just not available.

Anybody know exactly model of speaker seadoo used? Jensen? Clarion? A model number would help.

I guess if you don't care about the sound quality you could go with these generics:

https://www.amazon.com/Inch-Dual-Marine-Speakers-Polypropylene/dp/B001588IUK

If I have to replace them with something else and I want to upgrade I see some mention of the Alpine SPS M600 or M601 as a decent replacement that looks similar. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:
Jensen Marine MSX60SR 6.5" 130 W Silver Coaxial Marine Speaker | eBay

Remove one speaker and the model number is on the back

Lol... just got in from the garage after doing exactly that and read your message. The grill and speaker are integrated units so there's no cheap replace the grill solution. Mine are the Jensen MSX60X 65W (each) 4ohms. Apparently ordered from asaelectronics.com So I'm off to see what a pair might cost if I can even find them.

Update: Ok... found a new pair on Amazon (or as close as I can find anyway. S vs SR?). What the heck... in for a dime in for a dollar.

https://www.amazon.com/Jensen-MSX60SR-Coaxial-Waterproof-Speakers/dp/B001CBETS0

Last edited:
I found a nearly perfect replacement for the Jensen speakers and ordered them. At the last minute I decided if I'm replacing them anyway I would go with a bit of an upgrade and a slightly newer look so I hit the cancel button and did more shopping. I checked out some nice black Kenwood's, some LED Kickers... a few others.

In the end I decided on a pair of Polk. They are gunmetal, black and gold... I think they give a nod to the original silver style of the Jensen but add an updated classy look. Plus they are supposed to be a bit of an upgrade when it comes to sound quality.

Hard to tell if I made a good choice from the pics. I'll post an update when they come in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P0NJPS

Last edited:
Hey guys... bad news on the Polk. They were 6" speakers but the Jensen speakers have quite a large grill. Long and short of it, the Polk didn't cover the cut-out. So I went back to Jensen. But I thought the Silver looked a bit dated so I went with the Black model of the exact same speaker.

I got an email back (finally) from Jensen and they confirm that the cover is glued on and virtually impossible to remove so a broken grill means a whole new speaker.

The one the boat comes with is The Jensen MSX60S but if you buy the MSX60SR it's the same identical speaker. The S at the end is Silver. The R at the end is short for "Retail" packaging (as opposed to bulk purchases by boat makers).

I went with the MSX60RVR. No idea what the letters stand for but it's the same speaker in black with a bit of an updated grill. I know the seats have silver in them but I added the HydroTurf so I've got lots of black in the boat.

And most importantly... it could be just my imagination... but they sound a lot better. Maybe the old ones were a bit blown.

Jensen Black.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back