Spark died, won't restart

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

aguyindallas

No clue where to start with this one...

2015 2UP...today we were out riding, everything seemed fine. No alarms, no sputtering, no nothing. Riding at about 15 or so mph and it died...died as if the lanyard had been pulled off. After that, it cranks but will not start. I swapped lanyards with my wife's Spark to see if that was in fact the issue, and its not. When I attach the lanyard, the display powers up and I get the welcome message like normal. Hit the start button and get crank but no fire. I checked fuses and obvious connections that I could see/reach through the port on the side to no avail. Based on how it died (instant with no sputtering or anything abnormal) it leads me to think its something electrical.

Any ideas?

Get a spark tester and test for spark. This will tell you if you are chasing a fuel issue or electrical issue.

you could also spray some starting fluid or spray fuel through the intake and crack her over just to see if she fires. If she fires like that then you know you have a fuel problem. fuel injected machines can cut off quite abruptly when they run out of pressure.

I ended up just taking it in. I tinkered a bit more in the garage and tossed in the towel. They are a couple weeks out on getting to it, but it's there and in line to get checked out. I will post up here when I find out what went wrong.

Back