Spark Check Engine Light P2081/P0546

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Table83

The check engine light is on. It is not in limp mode. I have an appointment with the shop but it's not till the 29th and I want to get my kids back out on the lake sooner if possible. I replaced the temp sensor and then brought it to the shop. They said that while the ski was off, the engine was reading the codes P2081 and P0546 saying its the temp sensor even though it had been off for about an hour. The sensor is reading about 1.8k ohms. As they recommended in the noted forum below, I tried cutting into the wires about 10 inches up. But it does not appear to be the issue there and the multimeter showed it had a good connection.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Similar issues to this thread. But they are not the same.
Exhaust Temp Sensor troubles

This is the picture of the errors while it was sitting and not turned on.
PXL_20230609_210318585.MP.jpg

Had the same issue, I replaced the ETS (Exhaust Temp Sensor) and still the issue remained. Your story is many people's story as it doesn't impair riding of the ski, and besides the very loud BEEP about every 10mins or so it doesn't change how the ski works.

2016 Spark 3UP iBR w/Conv Package
Since I just turned 30 hours on mine (I know it's very low hours) I figured it was due for some replacement plugs. I took the top off and inspected everything, I replaced the battery because it was showing 9.7 instead of 12.7 like it usually does (even after having it on a trickle charge to get it ready for the water), I swapped out the spark plugs and finally decided it was time to resolve the loud BEEP every time I take it out.

I went to my local shop and they were glad to try to sell me an entirely new wiring harness for my ski, however I just needed the electrical plug that plugs into the ETS, they said maybe check around FB Market for a broken ski to see if I could cut 8 inches off the broken one and use it. I looked and looked online and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I wasn't too thrilled about the entire wiring harness option so I stopped at my local Parts Department at the Chevrolet dealership, they had a very handy flip chart about 12 pages in total with nothing but large views of all the different electrical plugs (male and female) for the various Chevy's they service, this was were I found the answer to our problems. Mind you it wasn't cheap ($61.69 w/o tax *see attached) and they didn't have it on-hand however they could get it within a couple days. I figured it was worth it if it truly resolved this issue. *If a guy has a small person handy this could probably be done via the oil access and have the small person cut the zip tie that typically holds the wires to the support near the rear of the ski, but if you already have the ski apart then it's not big deal.

*If a person would rather order it online you can find it here: ACDelco 88988586 ACDelco Wiring Connectors | Summit Racing for $34.99 w/o shipping or tax. It comes with pig tails so and fancy pinch connectors that have the heat shrink included, very nice I think, I did a solder job and ended up cutting them out and going with the pinch connectors.

Once I cut into the electrical plug about 1/2 inch from the plug there was wiring housing however there wasn't a wire in the housing for a good 2 to 3 inches from the plug. There is also the possibility to reuse that plug if you want to give it a go - (
).

Sorry if it's hard to follow, let me know if you have any questions or tips or tricks. :)

Attachments

• Exhaust_Temp_Sensor_Connector.jpg
    Exhaust_Temp_Sensor_Connector.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 3
Thanks. I'll look into this. I get have an appointment with the shop this week. If I this doesn't work. I'll let you know what they find.

Back