Spark 3up troubleshoot 2016

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Cmasters443

I just bought a spark and I don't know much about seadoo. I took it out and went a little too close to shore with my nephew on to let him off and it sucked up some debris. I wasn't able to get any speed after that. I tried rocking back and forth and doing the reverse and throttle as suggested in the manual. I don't see anything at all when looking at the impeller but I don't really know what I am looking for. What could be the problem? Is this common? Am I able to fix this myself? Thanks

You either have something in the impeller area or wrapped on the shaft, or,, whatever you sucked up damaged the wear ring. Take a picture and post the impeller and wear ring and we can tell you. But chances are, wear ring is wiped out.

I did the same thing. 3 feet of water minimum. I beached it with motor running and ate half the wear ring instantly, replaced the broken one with riva stainless. And assume I'll do the other when it breaks on a fat piece of seaweed. Its crap plastic. Hope this helps.

Also, you can see the wear ring by looking in the ass of the machine you'll notice that you can see light.. where it should be all sealed, that's the missing two inches of plastic.

Back