Spare tire for boat trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

docsurfer

I just purchased a 98 sportster 1800 and the trailer does not have a spare. Does anyone have any recomendations or know of any shops i can go to. I live in the San Diego North County are.

The specs of the tire/rim are 5 lug 13 in.

thanks
DocSurfer

Do you have Academy stores there? I have found a decent selection at Walmart also. Rim, tire, and all for decent prices. Not sure if your size is an "odd" one.

hey Scoop...probably gots the b78-13...not uncommon size, its a trailer wheel/tire size...which he'll pay less at like Bass Pro...Wal-Marts' proud of there sh**, for tires that is...I bought 3 from that ebay link for $160 buks w/ship'n...:cheers:

Around here, Walmart and Academy were pretty similar in price. They were steep, like around 40-50 each for the little ones on my Challenger and XP trailer, but affordable. That sounds like about the same price you paid.

And no shipping costs.

I need to check the Bass Pro near work and see if they sell them cheaper.

Do you guys have Academy Sports out there? They have a pretty good marine section.

I did some shopping around today and pricing 4.80X12 5-lug wheels (just as a matter of comparison) Bass Pro wanted $89, Academy wanted $74, and Walmart wanted $60.

That ebay store wanted $65 with free shipping for the same tire.

Just FYI

Last edited by a moderator:
I did some shopping around today and pricing 4.80X12 5-lug wheels (just as a matter of comparison) Bass Pro wanted $89, Academy wanted $74, and Walmart wanted $60.

That ebay store wanted $65 with free shipping for the same tire.

Just FYI

for that size tire, and I get what you mean, Scoop...go to Harbor-Freight, and get the 5.30-12, for 45 buks, all day long.

Yeah, Bass Pro is up there, dont have Academy, and Wal-mart, once you start get'n in the 13-14in tires, then need/find 20-30 dollar wheel, then pay 10-25 buks to mount the thing...:cheers:

Back