Spare tire and bracket

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sikiguya

I have a Seadoo/Karavan trailer for my 2007 Utopia 205 SE. I want to get a spare tire for it.

Is there any source beside the dealer for the spare tire bracket?

Any opinion whether to spend the extra dollar on the matching wheel or just a regular one?

How much should I expect to pay?:confused:

Jim you should be able to find what you are looking for at places like Auto-zone, or the like. I would think you should be able to get a trailer tire already mounted on a trailer wheel and the bracket for under 150.00.

I paid 137.00 for my wheel and tire and found the bracket at Princess Auto for around 15.00 (Canadian).

Aaron:cheers:

I too am looking for a spare tire/wheel. I see this thread is a bit dated, but in my recent 'googling', i have found a few differentiating products so i thought i'd find better answers. On my Challenger 180 trailer (Karavan) it has the ST 180/80 D13 size wheel/tire combo. the local Kragen stores don't offer them... online at harborfrieght, they don't offer that size wheel/tire... a few online places seem to offer different tires (i.e. - 4 ply or 6 ply load range tires with different lbs capacity)... there are offerings of 175 size tires that i'm not completely convinced of... and then there is the white wheel or the galvanized wheel. With all these offerings (and not really a solid reply in this thread; no offense), i'd like to throw out there the same question as the O.P. .... is anyone aware of where to get, specifically, a matching spare wheel/tire? preferrably a grey matching one, and definitely the same size tire. Any thoughts or ideas 'Doo'er's!?

... is anyone aware of where to get, specifically, a matching spare wheel/tire? preferrably a grey matching one, and definitely the same size tire. Any thoughts or ideas 'Doo'er's!?

Well, if you want it to perfectly match, then either you need to do a lot of looking around to find what all is offered and to get what you want, or go back to the dealer as they should carry what you need.

Personally, I don't think it matters since the odd-ball wheel is to be used as a spare and will have limited road time anyway. I can see wanting to keep the tire sizes comparible, but the look of the wheel is very minor (IMO).

Northern Tools carries a fairly wide selection of trailer wheels and tires; might be good to give them a try (either in store or online). Academy will also have some to choose from (if you have these stores near you, they are big in the South).

I found my spare for $10 on Craigslist. Wheel is a close (but not perfect) match, but needed a little clean up. The tire is the same size and was in good condition. A little paint on the wheel and most people never even notice the differences in it. Besides, like I said, it sees very little use (I haven't used it yet).

I know this isn't an exact answer to your questions, but it does provide a few things to, at least, think about in making your choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back