Something else to check when your Sea Doo motor is full of oil and won't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So my port motor did not want to start after sitting for a few weeks. I ruled out a lot just by starting the starboard motor but in the process I find that the motor is full of oil. OK, I knew the seals were a little leaky, now I know they are worse. One thing I found after lengthy troubleshooting was that the fuel pump can fill with oil as well when a motor fills up. The pump clearly cannot deal with the oil. Once I got the oil out the motor fired right up.

I wonder if the pump will clear on its own? I have pulled the carbs to check and clean the pump diaphragm.

To solve your problem put a valve in the oil line to the Rotary Valve.

I wonder if the pump will clear on its own? I have pulled the carbs to check and clean the pump diaphragm.

To solve your problem put a valve in the oil line to the Rotary Valve.
Unsure if it would have ever cleared because it was completely full and I did a lot of cranking off and on before I figured it out. I did do the shut off valve at the same time since I had time; I probably got that tip from one of your past posts :)

I really don't see how it can clear the liquid efficiently. I find liquid in some carbs I disassemble but most of those skis are not running or haven't run in while.

The pulse line part of the fuel pump can get full of oil from a leaking seal or water from a flooded engine. Once this happens the fuel pump will not work and has to be take apart to clear the liquid as it will not clear on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back