Someone way overfilled the oil. 06 gti 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

xlonewolf1967

As title says. Someone way overfilled the oil when they winterized this ski i just took in on trade now im getting a knock sensor code and low oil pressure code. Possibly a bad oil pressure switch or some did damage when they overfilled the oil .

Big black letters in the service manual on how you can do bad damage to the the motor by overfilling the oil. Think I read the cam emulsifies the oil and makes it pretty much useless.

Guess that would depend how long it was ran with the overfilled oil quantity. Knock sensor and low oil pressure codes is probably not a good indicator of a healthy motor.

Motor is most likely fine. The oil pressure switches are a known problem and a simple fix. Knock sensors also fail. How well does it run?

What code numbers are you getting?

It will start and seems to be misfiring. It has old cloudy gas in it which i just drained out and also changed the 2 in tank fuel filters. Havent put it all back together yet. Will add new fuel and change out spark plugs while im at it. Just got the new oil pressure switch in and have a known good knock sensor already installed. Going to also drain out some oil down to where it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back