Solely a ground issue?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here's an update....

- deactivated the depth finder and the sensor message has not triggered since
- did get one long beep once (out of about 10 plug-ins but machine immediately went to the standard 2 beeps
- machine fired up each time (was doing previously as well)
- took off both SC hoses.
- Top connection had a film of oil inside, really very little oil
- bottom connection had a little pool of oil but again very little but more than the top connection

So I'm thinking that the sensor message was the depth finder as you smart guys thought. I'll take it out and see what happens. I really did appreciate the thing so I may re-activate it if no more issues with starting

As far as the ground issue I don't really think that will potentially reoccur until I'm out on a ride and the machine is well warmed up.

S-o-o-o I'm going to feel a lot better about reliability or really peed off after the next ride!

Thanks to all that answered and I will update after next ride!

The SENSOR message is perfectly normal IF you have a depth finder and it is on the trailer or a lift. It just means it can not read the depth and not sensing water then ground densities. It can occur in the water if very shallow or very deep as well. Normally goes away after a few seconds and then works fine.

Yep, that little pool of oil is what is left. That prob stall the engine temporally. Should be good now have fun..

The SENSOR message is perfectly normal IF you have a depth finder and it is on the trailer or a lift. It just means it can not read the depth and not sensing water then ground densities. It can occur in the water if very shallow or very deep as well. Normally goes away after a few seconds and then works fine.

That's awesome. I really liked that thing I was in a lake where I was in 7 feet of water and went to the middle and was suddenly in over 300 feet. A big trough obviously! I think I'll reactivate it soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that little pool of oil is what is left. That prob stall the engine temporally. Should be good now have fun..

Again awesome. I much prefer to find an issue when this stuff happens. Makes me feel like I caught he reason for the problems rather than hoping for the best. :cheers:

And to think I went from 2 DI's (that never gave me any issues other than one relatively minor annoyance) to the 4 stroke for reliability.....the DI's never stranded me!

Just a further follow up. Had it out for 3-4 hours today and it worked great. So either a battery
Attachment issue solved by adding a lock washer and cleaning out the oil in the SC hoses from too much oil in the machine. In any respect it appears one or both solved this but I lean towards the SC fix!

Thanks to all who helped :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back