So I'm floating on an iceberg and someone calls the cops.......

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

AKnarrowback

I got the old XP on the river a couple weekends ago. The river ice had just gone out except for a big ice jam just above town. As it was I rode through town just as it all let loose so I was riding in and out of chunks 10 to 15 feet across. I thought it would be cool to edge the machine up on one and just float the river through town, so I did. Lots of houses to look at, nice scenery, lots of people waving "HI".

After an couple of hours I hear sirens all over the place and I'm thinking "dang, something terrible must have happened some where". About that time I see a Fireman running across the yard of the house I'm floating by, He's on his radio and waving his arms at me. That's when I think "ah shiz"...…. I give him a thumbs up and wave hello, it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. He just shakes his head and walks away. A few seconds later all the sirens stop wailing.

I float a little further, a couple of guys on the bank yell out "we've been waiting for you", ("strange" I think to myself), "we'd give you a beer but the cops are waiting for you" ("even stranger" I think to myself). I yell back "thanks, but I don't drink" and keep floating.

A few minutes later I see a Policeman standing on the shore. He yells out "we got a report someone was stranded on a chunk of ice". I, in all seriousness, yell back "haven't seen anyone, do you need some help finding him?". The Policeman just stood there with a "this guy is either an a-hole or retarded" look and yelled "NO! YOU!". So I look around and do an inventory, motorized water craft, full body wet suit, life jacket and helmet, so I yell back "No, no trouble here" and keep floating away.

Before I get off the ice I get a text from my Cousin, the awesome Lady who gave me the XP years ago, saying "is this you?". It was me floating down the river. I said "yes, how'd you get it?". She said it was already getting sent around town, someone sent it to her, and people were either laughing or calling 911...….

Summer is off to a GREAT start. I hope everyone is having fun.Screenshot_20200508-162725_Video Player.jpg20200427_153609.jpg

Last edited:
He yells out "we got a report someone was stranded on a chunk of ice". I, in all seriousness, yell back "haven't seen anyone, do you need some help finding him?".
That is HYSTERICAL! If you ended up in jail, I would have sent you bail money!

Lucky I know a couple of people in the Fire and Police dept. I wasn't breaking any laws and I surely did not want to waste their time. I follow the "you got yourself in, you get yourself out" adventure policy. The Chena River flows through our town center and is a tradition for people to float in rafts, canoes, tubes. I think I'm the first person on record to do it on ice.

Last edited:
Back