Ski post search for 2000 Islandia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geo2

Has anybody had any luck finding a source for a ski post for Islandia? I assume it's the same post from 2000 on?

Where is this ski pole you speak of? Any pics? All the Islandias I've seen just have the rope eye on the engine cover.

Cool. Looks like the mount is molded into the fiberglass engine cover. My 2003 doesn't have that, but I sure would like to have a raised ski pole.

I never found anything OEM. I think the manual is showing something that was never built. Check Google images. The only Islandias with ski pylons have aftermarket ones mounted into the fiberglass swim deck.

Just below that molded mount is that stout looking silver rod in the engine bay. The idea has crossed my mind to weld a tow tower to that rod and cut up through the cover. But they must have left it out for a reason. Right? :-/

I never found anything OEM. I think the manual is showing something that was never built. Check Google images. The only Islandias with ski pylons have aftermarket ones mounted into the fiberglass swim deck.

i've found numerous errors in my 2007 islandia manual. However mine does have a ski pole attachment. I think the later models offered them as optional.

pixs of 2007 islandia ski assembly and pole

pixs of the ski pole and assembly from my 2007 islandia.

plug in place
IMG_2418.JPG
plug removed
IMG_2419.JPG
ski pole
IMG_2420.JPG
ski pole attached (i didn't screw it in. Think the bolt is about 3/4 to an 1 inch long so its a little lower than it is in my pix)
IMG_2421.JPG

Looks nice. I like how it is removable so it doesn't always obstruct the swim deck. Probably not worth adding for me with the $700 BRP price tag. Thanks for the pics.

That's just for the post. I think you would need the $410 "installation kit", or base, too. Maybe we should ask who has the best aftermarket ski pylon and see if it would work on an Islandia.

Based on the pictures, I think the reason BRP left it out is that any adult slolem skier or wakeboarder can bend it easily unless it is titanium or stainless steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back