Skat trak shaft boot seal question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

68ragtop

Stopped at the stealership this afternoon to pick up some gaskets & a few other things for the 95 XP project. Was going to pick up a prop shaft boot & ring. They said they won't fit my skat trak swirl prop, Looked on Skat traks website & there is nothing mentioned about using a specific boot for it.

I guess I should have just bought them anyway?

i was just making sure which one you where talking about. it should fit and be the same, the shaft and spline are the same so the diameter of the opening should be the same as well. so if anything it should fit or could be made to. tho you might be able to get a better price from impro's or someone here.

I should have just bought it anyway while I was there. I think it was under $10.00? My other skis have seadoo props, so I just took the dealers word for it. Its going to be a few weeks before I need it, so I guess its not a big deal. Just not sure why he told me that.

I think you can squeeze the stock one on there...I forget maybe trim up the ridge a little? Im a little rusty on that one.

I installed a new wear ring in the drive last night. I measured the opening against a stock seadoo prop I have in the shop. The skat trak has a much smaller opening for the seal, so the dealer was correct. Weird though, As I can't figure out where to buy one. I guess I'll call skat trak later today. I found its part number SS07, but only seems to be included with new props, & not seperatly. but I am sure it must be somewhere.

Thanks for all the help. Now I am trying to decide if I should replace the driveshaft. The shaft had wore against a rock that became logged into the intake channel. The shaft was not pefectly straight at the time, so it wore some material off the shaft but more so on one side of it. I straightened the shaft within .005" but it now has an unnatural wobble where the rock had wore off that material on one side of the shaft. Thinking it might cause a vibration..... Well, that & it just bothers me......Hhhhmmmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just Called Skat Trak & talked to Brandon. I asked where I can purchase a new boot & he said he would send me one. Gave him all my shipping info & lastly went to give my credit card info. He said: nope, no charge this time. Thanks for running our products. I guess I'll remember that when its time to order a new one impeller. :thumbsup:

Just Called Skat Trak & talked to Brandon. I asked where I can purchase a new boot & he said he would send me one. Gave him all my shipping info & lastly went to give my credit card info. He said: nope, no charge this time. Thanks for running our products. I guess I'll remember that when its time to order a new one impeller. :thumbsup:

thats good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back