Single gauge hood conversion

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brprxt215

I have just received a nice single gauge hood to put on my 96xp. I cut the two wire looms coming from the stock hood and into the hull. Now my beeper and stop start do not work anymore. There is still power to vts. Is the multi function gauge related to the beeper/stop start button? What wires would I need to reconnect in order to get power back and be able to start it again? I plan on only running the trim gauge on the new hood. The fuel float or fuse is bad so the multi function gauge is kind of pointless and the speedometer doesn’t work as usual. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Attachments

• 052B68C7-78AB-42D3-BAA2-38239A28172C.jpeg
    052B68C7-78AB-42D3-BAA2-38239A28172C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 47
I had the same issue when doing my conversion to single gauge hood. I ended up blowing the fuse in the mpem. Swapped it and all was fine. Give you say you have power may not be your issue.

I should probably unhook the batterygood point lol. I haven’t tried hooking the wires back up yet. I just am unsure of the correlation of those wires to start stop switch.

The gauge power and signal wires are the only ones that run up in either hood. If your just running the VTS gauge then you need the power wire(purple), the ground(black), and the 2 browns(one brown, other brown with black stripe).

Perfect thank you very much Matt! I will take a look and see how they are all connected in the stock hood. Do you by chance know if those wires all run to the vts gauge? Or would I have to hard wire them to intertwine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back