Shuttle craft

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
If you could pass along the number that would be great. I bought a Shuttlecraft and haven't used it yet cause I don't have the right rails. Does he have the ones for newer 4Tec models? Thanks for the info. You in VA, I'm in Williamsburg.

I don't think he has them for the 4tecs. It seems like he used to be a main seller for them when they were in business. Here is his info: Rich Mansfield 732-793-8338. Now if you want a new rail kit that will fit the 4tec i recommend you check out this company in AU that just bought the rights to the shuttlecraft boats: http://www.btd-marine.com.au/

I am in VA, I'm in Chesterfield.

I contacted the place in AU and the rails are 700 plus nose cone for 125. Shipping is another 700. Debating if I want to put that in it. I paid 500 for the boat.

Any good places to ride in Chester? Me and my buddy are hitting the James this weekend, gonna see how far we can go up from Williamsburg.

Rob

WOW $700 for shipping. I want to order the windshields and cover for mine maybe we can combine shipping and save some money that way. If we are going for less then a day we usually just go to Lake Chesdin, if we are going for a full day or longer we head up to Lake Anna.
I am working this weekend or I would have rode with you.

WOW $700 for shipping. I want to order the windshields and cover for mine maybe we can combine shipping and save some money that way. If we are going for less then a day we usually just go to Lake Chesdin, if we are going for a full day or longer we head up to Lake Anna.
I am working this weekend or I would have rode with you.

I am guessing you have the bigger shuttlecraft? I have the smaller jetsport 14ft. Yes the shipping is a lot. I can give you the person i am dealing with and maybe combining shipping will save? The don't ship they contract thru shipping companies. She is checking around to get the best quote. Sucks to spend that kind of money but finding a shuttlecraft with the rails i need locally is next to impossible. If you ever wann ride just let me know. me and my buddy go out as much as we can. Tomorrow is our longest ride about 36 miles to Jordan Point Marina from Williamsburg. Check out the link to a new jet boat coming out. Right now just for Yamahas.

http://www.sealver.com/

I've seen the sealver they look awsome, 20K but still awsome, only problem right now they are not making a seadoo version.

So how was the ride last weekend?

The ride was nice, took us about 45 minutes to get to Hopewell from Williamsburg. The water has a lot of crap in it up that way and no good marinas for lunch. But hey we were on the water, anytime I'm on th water its a good day. Ordered the parts for the shuttlecraft from AU should be here in about three weeks. $1680 total but whata you do?

Very true. Can you tell me how you dialed the number to call them? I have been trying to contact and have had no success in getting the phone to dial out of the country correctly.

A lady named Kelly called me but only after several emails back and forth. She called because I didn't want to give credit card info over the email. I think the phone she called from was her personel phone because of the time difference. She called at 9a.m. and it was 11p.m. there. I don't want to give that number out just in case it is her personel phone. Anyway if you email she will email back but she seems to take about 2-3 days to respond.

info@btd-innovations.com.au

I just purchased a shuttlecraft jestport circa 96-97 & find myself in these same druthers as everyone else. Has anyone had any luck getting the rails. I have a 2010 Yamaha FX SHO rails were too narrow & not the correct shape entirely. I've tried shuttlecraft & BTD but have not received responses back. Does anyone have a suggestions or a good number for BTD marine. The listed number sounds like its a fax machine when i call. All other #s no luck. Please help.

Sorry to say, there have never been any rails developed for that model Yamaha. Your only hope may be the universal rails that adjust. But I was sure they were only available for the SportDeck. I can't say that I have seen them mounted in a jetsport.

I'm not sure how to dial Australia, but I would bet an operator could connect you.

Cameron Davidson
BTD Marine Australia
061 03 97964012
info@btd-marine.com.au

I got my rails about two weeks ago. I used the email on the BTD website info@BTD or something like that. They were slow to respond but finally did. I agree with the previous post that they probably don't have those. Mine is a 2009 Seadoo GTI but only had the mold for 2007, luckily they are the same. I think after 2007 they stopped making new molds. She did tell me they are working on a new universal rail kit that should be out the end of the year. Supposed to be more pricey though. The shipping is what will kill you on cost. But what are you going to do? Got my rails in, haven't had it on the water yet..hope it works.

Great thread, I'm looking at an 05 Sport Deck today that was supposidely used only once. The owner says that the rails are universal and were set up for his Polaris. After reading this thread am I right in assuming that my 2008 Sea Doo RXT-X will not fit into this universal rail? I tried emailing BTD Marine with no response. I would love to get the boat and 800.00 would not be that bad but i dont know about the additional 700.00 for shipping. Any thoughts or ideas other than BTD

Great thread, I'm looking at an 05 Sport Deck today that was supposidely used only once. The owner says that the rails are universal and were set up for his Polaris. After reading this thread am I right in assuming that my 2008 Sea Doo RXT-X will not fit into this universal rail? I tried emailing BTD Marine with no response. I would love to get the boat and 800.00 would not be that bad but i dont know about the additional 700.00 for shipping. Any thoughts or ideas other than BTD

I don't know why the "universal" rails would not work. That is why they call them that. They have quite a bit of adjustability. At that price, you should be able to sell the boat and get your money back if you cannot make it work.

Good luck!

Look back at he beginning of the thread and be sure the railkit looks like the ones they are fixing in the Sportdeck.

The universal kit has what looks to be rollerblade wheels on each side. This is the universal kit. It also has a number of holes up and down the sides of the rails for adjustment.

The fixed kits do not have these adjustments or wheels. They will have a specific shape to them that will make them look as if the fiberglass had been formed around a specific hull, because they have been.

If you have photos, post them up. We will take a look.

Later,

I saw or what I understood from earlier in this thread was that Highmark mentioned to another consumer that the 4Tec would not work with the universal rail. My 2008 RXT-X is a 4Tec and I cant find any info anywhere else that mentions whether this system will work with my Ski. The BTD website has my exact Ski mated to their Sport Deck but it doesnt elaborate on the rail system. The Boat is 4,000 the 800.00 I was referring to the cost of rails not including the shipping from Australia. The rails on the bost look like the ones that Highmark installed as far as the picture I have goes. Ill try to upload. ThanksIMG_20120202_152102.jpgIMG_20120202_151910.jpgIMG_20120202_152016.jpg

That's the universal kit alright. The only way you will know is if you can test it. If it is not that far of a distance, then the owner should allow it. That's a steep price on a Shuttlecraft to not know before purchase.

I was trying to find a universal kit or a sc3 rail kit but was unable to do so. I found the company in austrailia but I just could not do the shipping it was as much as the rail kit itself. That being said I am going to try to modify my current rail system to work. It is set up for my tigersharks but it is really becoming hard to find parts for them. The back part of the rail system seems to fit my RXP but it narrows to much toward the front. I am going to try to cut the front part out and make a ner front part out of wood and then cover it with new fiberglass. We shall see what happens. I will try to post some pics once I get going. I need to wait for the weather to change up here though. If anyone knows a place I could get the correct or universal rail system in the states let me know. It would save some work.

I'm going to get the boat anyway and hope that I can find a way to make the rails fit. I have access to a fabricator so maybe he can do something for me. If not I'll probably end up ordering a set of rails from BTD. If anyone wants to see about combining shipping, or better yet comes up with a solution for the 4Tec Skis hit me up as I will post my progress or solutions the same.

Thanks Biff for the advice

The universal rail kit moves up and down but older style PWC's fit in the "groove 'of it. The new ones (4tec) are wider and actually sit on top of the new rails. Trust me I tried every way to get my 08 in the old set up to the point I was damaging the PWC. Even then it was not at the right height to obtain full propulsion. Mine still works flawlessly. Did have to fix a few leaks last year from the new rails. Just filled the interior up with water and marked the leak spots. Then drained it and put sealer from the inside. This year i am attempting to convert my old 30 ft boat trailr so I can bring the shuttle with seadoo and my extra seadoo to the water on one trailer, eliminating the extra vehicle. Still does in the 50's with only yearly maintenance on my PWC. And thats at 3500 ft elevation. Allways get alot of interest with this unit on the water. Cops stopped me last year as i have no #s on it. You can't see the seadoo #s when its inside the shuttle. Grey area. The driver on the seadoo has to wear a lifejacket but the people in the shuttle don't. They could'nt figure it all out and left.

Thank you for replying to my pm and for the additional info on this thread. I guess I'll be ordering rails from Aus and won't even try to fit my ski in the universal rails as Highmark already tried this and he has the exact same ski as mine the 08 RXT-X. Anyone interested in combining shipping let me know. I will also sell my universal rail kit to anyone who needs it.

So I picked up my Sport Deck on Saturday and spent the weekend washing and waxing, she cleaned up very nicely. While poking around I noticed a couple of odd things. The drain ports on either side of the craft that are connected to the drain at the base of the seats on the deck of the boat seem a bit low. Is there a plug for these as the drain port seems close to where the waterline would be. One of the bilge pumps isnt working I checked the fuse and it was good. How would one reach the bildge pumps to repair or replace? What kind of time frame can I expect to get out of a stereo system run off the battery as there is no way to recharge once on the water. Has anyone tried running more than one battery on a bank? I know I need new rails for my 4tec RXT-X how much of the existing set up gets replaced ie rails, flaps on bottom that ski sits on, metal brackets that connect through the hull and are bolted to the outside of the hull on each side, and the nose cone.

As for battery life running the stereo, it depends on the battery and the draw of the stereo. (level will make a difference). If you get a separate battery for the stereo, it doesn't matter if it runs down.

Hi There.
I saw your tread on universal trails for seadoo.
I have a gtx 2006 and I need differnet rails for my 2005 shuttlecraft jetsport cause the ones that came with wouldn't fit my jetski.
Do you still have them?
Thx
Pablo

Back