Shrink wrap or cover?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris0412

Last year I shrink wrapped my ski this year I’m deciding if I wanna wrap it or just keep the cover on. What do you guys usually do or recommend? My ski is stored outside it’s fully winterized

We winterize ours and then store it outside (under the boat dock - rotating lift) with the winter cover on. Cover is still good 11 years later.

The machine will be fine, but the cover may get weathered looking. So it depends on how long you want the cover to look good. Storing it under the "roof" of the dock helps it last a lot longer.

Otherwise you would have more days of sun fading, and sun weakening of the fabric. More chance of wetness and mold. Those who want to store their machine with just the factory cover and no other weather protection could go buy an additional cheap generic cover to use instead to keep the factory cover looking good. Or wrap it yourself with a tarp. Or just budget for a new factory cover every N years.

Last edited:
If you get a cheap second cover to put over your "good" cover, just make sure it's breathable fabric to stop moisture and mold inside.

If you get a cheap second cover to put over your "good" cover, just make sure it's breathable fabric to stop moisture and mold inside.

Yep, or just use the cheap cover for the winter without the nice factory cover underneath. I think the OP mentioned "winter" covers, so they are probably already doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back