Should I Buy: 2004 Seadoo GTI RFI

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a 2004 GTX RFI worth in good condition??

Define good condition? It's only worth what someone is willing to pay, if you ask me, any GTX RFI model, any year, that runs perfect, good compression, everything works flawless, needs no cosmetic work, less trailer, I'd say $1000-$1200. Same comparison, a couple hundred more for a GTX carb model, say $1300-$1500. The RFI's are nice, but to me the value is less than a carb model, because when they have problems it can be expensive to fix. A carb model is far less to keep running for someone on a budget, therefore becomes more desirable over a RFI or DI model.

It depends on where you are and the buyer. Remember the general public and buyer has no clue of the models or what one is good or bad and typically they will think fuel injection is a premium item.

Here in California a clean GTX would bring $2,000-$2,500, and I would expect the RFI to bring the top dollar as they were the top of the line.

There is no way you would find a good GTX that is nice condition and runs good for anywhere near $1,000 anywhere in my area.

Southeast down to Florida is a different story...GTX's all day under $1500, usually with a trailer. You do see some listed $2000+ but they stay up a while and usually reappear later with a price drop.

Most out there is junk, or someone that has bought the junk and did some half ass work to get it running and asking 10x more. After a 3-6 months, most of them drop back down to earth and disappear when listed in the $1000-$1500 range.

There's a guy down here in northwest Atlanta that's been scooping them up left and right when prices dip below $1000 on good ones, he of course parts them out, all of them. I saw a clean running 2000 GTX RFI listed at $700, almost went and looked at it, a week later it disappears and it pops back up and he's advertising for parts available on it. Same thing on a 98' carbed GTX, very clean, $900, gone soon afterward then listed for parts. It's consistent, you gotta be quick if it's listed low, fairly clean and starts, parts guys in my area are pouncing.

Here in California a clean GTX would bring $2,000-$2,500, and I would expect the RFI to bring the top dollar as they were the top of the line.

There is no way you would find a good GTX that is nice condition and runs good for anywhere near $1,000 anywhere in my area.

Same here. I'm thinking $2k is a good price for a nice turn-key RFI and even that is a bit undervalued.

Same here. I'm thinking $2k is a good price for a nice turn-key RFI and even that is a bit undervalued.

But this isn't CA or Canada, in our region (LA, MS, AL, GA, FL) with the flooded market of cheap 3 seaters everywhere you turn, it'll be impressive if you get an offer close to $1500. Curious, any offers yet on the $1800 96' SPX you have listed on FB? Nice little ski BTW, but $1800 nice?

Hey again SeadooForums!

So I was browsing Facebook marketplace and found a guy selling his 2004 GTI RFI for like $1200. He said it runs but sometimes won't go up to top speed.

Any thoughts about this? Should I try to buy and fix up or pass?

Trevor, are you still looking into buying this ski?

A good ski is a good ski... that is the value. Lots of people recognize that. Bargain hunters look at the cheapest price and expect a good ski to be that same price. LOL Keep dreamin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back