Should I be worried about this?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiago95

Hello!

First time owning a PWC and I notice this scratch on the bottom of the PWC. Does it require any fixing before using the PWC again?

Should i be worried or its good?

Capture 2.JPGCapture.JPG

Hard to tell by the picture but does it look like the scratch has went down to the fibreglass? If it has made its way complete through the gelcoat then yes you should fix it. You can do a gelcoat repair which I’ve done or I think I’ve seen many posts of people who have used marine Tex which is an epoxy I think. The gelcoat repair will look better but if it’s on the bottom then appearance doesn’t really matter

What year is that? I’m familiar with the older machines from 90’s and early 2000’s that use gelcoat on the hulls but if it’s a newer machine I believe they use some type of plastic or composite hull

I’m not sure what form you posted to? If this isn’t in the 4 tec forum try posting there. I don’t have an understanding of the newer hulls. The older pwc have gelcoat surrounding fibreglass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back