Share the most recent phone picture of your Sea-doo..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is in the garage loaded with moving boxes on it as I moved in December... Lake is still frozen with three inches of slush above the ice (that is rather good news)... We are expecting 4 inches of wet snow tomorrow... So there isn't much recent stuff to share here for me... My most recent picture is huh huh about... seven months...

But I do have a few interesting pictures from April 23rd 2016 (last year). This is the day the remaining ice crashed under our bridge crossing the lake and finally left us. If you zoom the picture, you will see a guy on a pontoon trying to make his way through the crashing ice in order to get to his camp located on the island for the first time of the season. Actually, he had to turn around. He went to his dad in law to have supper there and came back later and... the ice was gone!!!

IMG_1006.jpg

This was the last of the ice!

IMG_1011.JPG

Ten days later, I was on the water with my ski. Water was at 37 degrees F and I was wearing a wet suit and an under armour coat. Went on my ski to have supper at a friend's house one mile from my place and took off just before sunset (dusk). Boy was it cold!!!

IMG_1025.JPG

So I guess that in a little more than a month, my ski will be on the lake!!! But being alone there at this time of year, I stay close to home. Imagine stalling in freezing water with a small paddle to get to safety. Risky and dangerous.

Benji.

Mine is in the garage loaded with moving boxes on it as I moved in December... Lake is still frozen with three inches of slush above the ice (that is rather good news)... We are expecting 4 inches of wet snow tomorrow... So there isn't much recent stuff to share here for me... My most recent picture is huh huh about... seven months...

But I do have a few interesting pictures from April 23rd 2016 (last year). This is the day the remaining ice crashed under our bridge crossing the lake and finally left us. If you zoom the picture, you will see a guy on a pontoon trying to make his way through the crashing ice in order to get to his camp located on the island for the first time of the season. Actually, he had to turn around. He went to his dad in law to have supper there and came back later and... the ice was gone!!!

View attachment 39410

This was the last of the ice!

View attachment 39411

Ten days later, I was on the water with my ski. Water was at 37 degrees F and I was wearing a wet suit and an under armour coat. Went on my ski to have supper at a friend's house one mile from my place and took off just before sunset (dusk). Boy was it cold!!!

View attachment 39412

So I guess that in a little more than a month, my ski will be on the lake!!! But being alone there at this time of year, I stay close to home. Imagine stalling in freezing water with a small paddle to get to safety. Risky and dangerous.

Benji.
Benji, those are some great pictures thanks for sharing. I can't imagine having to worry about ice while on my ski.

Once the ice is gone, you have to lookout for some floating debris (mainly wood from piers and docks and tree branches sub-floating).

Benji.

8.jpg

When I winterized her.

[MENTION=85487]kastevenson[/MENTION]

Chilly like what? I wear wet suit boots when water is too cold along with a Under Armour coat. When water is too cold, even if hot outside, the water makes a cold weather effect (like windshield factor).

Benji.

We haven't been much over 75 thus far and are still getting cool at night (upper 40s). I only had on a rain jacket and shorts so I was avoiding splashing water on that ride. Luckily the lake was pretty smooth (light breeze and hardly any boat traffic). I don't really have the gear for cold rides.

I took this last week when I picked up my new GTR. Still have ice on the lake but it should be gone soon. Can't wait to ride!!

Attachments

• 20170328_170621.jpg
    20170328_170621.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 48
[MENTION=84433]CovertRam[/MENTION] Where in Ontario? Ottawa river is almost out of ice in some areas. I am northeast of Ottawa (about 120 km).

Benji.

49.jpg

50.jpg

The joys of a iS model. Remove upper deck for a majority of work. It's not a pain, just more of a inconvenience. Installed the power filter kit along with the thru hull exhaust.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new ski! Doing any addons?

I have the SCOM and Riva rear exhaust and waterbox sitting on the garage floor. Getting the courage to cut a hole into my new hull and hoping someone makes a good video on the install. The SCOM wiring is confusing from the instructions they sent.

I have the SCOM and Riva rear exhaust and waterbox sitting on the garage floor. Getting the courage to cut a hole into my new hull and hoping someone makes a good video on the install. The SCOM wiring is confusing from the instructions they sent.
The SCOM is not as hard as it looks. Very simple to do. I put one in last week and it was a walk in the park. If you have any questions, it's still fresh in my head where I can help you out.

Nick

Never bought the 4tec, just keep restoring the old ones. Just took this pic while working in the shop. Gotta finish this one, registration needs to be renewed that's how long I've been (not really)working on it. 2 year registration.

Had to add it via pb since it didn't show up on tapatalk

70.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
49.jpg

50.jpg

The joys of a iS model. Remove upper deck for a majority of work. It's not a pain, just more of a inconvenience. Installed the power filter kit along with the thru hull exhaust.
Nice set up Nick. Let us know if you need any other performance parts we can hook it up for you!

Just got these 95 SPI'S . First time owner. Been a bucket list item all my life. 43 years old and finally got one.
Can you zoom in and see what my tag says???? That's where I'm at with this crazy life I'm living! Ha
71.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back