Seats Cleaning Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse68

I have a 01 Challenger 200 with blue and gray seats. What should I use to clean the seats to look new. There not real bad but a good cleaning would do it good. Should I use Armor All on the seats? I did a search but I couldn't get a good answer. Thanks

The best thing I've ever tried for seats is Mr Clean Magic Erasers. Follow that up with an application of 303 protectant.

Aaron:cheers:

Mildew?.....

I get these little black spots all over the top edges of my seats.

I use a simple solution of a little bit of bleach and water. You have to be very careful that you don't make it up to strong. With a weak solution, wipe the seats down with a rag. The spotting will not disappear as you wipe but give it an hour or so and you'll see cleaner seats.........

Caution, to much will dull the colors.........:cheers:

Ive had great results using soft scrub with bleach on my dirt bikes on the side panels, it gets rid of the stains and discoloring. Use on vinyl at your own risk tho.

Richmond? Where do you ride?

I used a very damp rag with lacquer thinner for some serious spots. And to remove the remnants of the SEADOO lettering on the seats. Do not rub long or hard, because this actually melts the vinyl, but for a very difficult stain that bleach will not get at, this may be a last resort solution.

Richmond? Where do you ride?

I used a very damp rag with lacquer thinner for some serious spots. And to remove the remnants of the SEADOO lettering on the seats. Do not rub long or hard, because this actually melts the vinyl, but for a very difficult stain that bleach will not get at, this may be a last resort solution.

Summerville and Conroe so far. I go to Summerville if I want to ski or tube and Conroe for the girls naa mean. Conroe is always choppy in the summer time cuz all the boats on the lake.

Nobody has mention Armor All should I use it or no? Or can I use the magic eraser? I just don't want to use something that's going to make it worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Armor All just makes things slimy IMO. I've used the magic erasers on four boats, it makes the sets look like new again and won't hurt anything. Just have a bucket of water with you so you can keep wetting the sponge.

Any marine dealer should be able to get you 303 products.

Aaron

Armor All just makes things slimy IMO. I've used the magic erasers on four boats, it makes the sets look like new again and won't hurt anything. Just have a bucket of water with you so you can keep wetting the sponge.

Any marine dealer should be able to get you 303 products.

Aaron

Thank You, Thank You and Thank You!!! Thank god I keep box's of Magic Erasers at the house I didn't have to go to the store to get some. I didn't even think to try it so thank you again. It works great seats are looking good plus it has got every scratch off the boat ill have to post so pic later. O did I say thank you yet lol. :cheers:

Sorry to keep off topic...

We love somerville, but never tried Conroe due to the crowds.

We tend to go to Magnolia Gardens, the San Jac river just below the lake houston dam. Never a crowd, never choppy, and a couple of nice beaches to hang out on.

If you go a little further south on the river, there are a couple of sand bars that get pretty rowdy with big boats loaded down with bikini-clad girls (and guys:ack:) but we tend to stay up on the quiet end so we can throw the ball for the dog on the beaches.

Sometimes Lake Houston at Deussen park, but even the slightest wind and it chops up.

Bleach....

I don't use the armor all products except on the tires of my trailer. They may have changed their formula from the past but my bad experience with their product causing the cracking, stopped me from using it years ago.

Yeah, it shines the seats up and makes them slippo, but the suns UV rays actually dries the compond out, leaving a greater risk of faster UV damage. So, I moved away from that stuff several years ago.

Like a couple have said, I think Scooper mentioned a petroleum product, what ever it is you use, use in in small quantities till you know the results. It is trial and error and we all have our own ways of what works best for us. So, you should have a lot of different replies to help you decide.:cheers:

Armour All

Been using it for 14 years on my Speedster, still looks brand new

Use it on:
Seats
Decals
Console and steering wheel
Cleats

Dont use it on:
Hydro-Turf mats
Engine
Anything cloth

I keep the boat covered at all times