Season Losing Power Unless Holding Choke

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylerreuss

Hey everyone, having some issues with one of my 2000 seadoo gti’s. So in the past when you accelerate, the jet ski would go and then lose power for a second and then “grab” and take off normal. We took it tubing one day and then the jet ski wouldn’t run at all later in that same day. Currently, the ski runs great out of water but the second I put it in the water I’m having issues. The jet ski will accelerate for literally maybe a second or 2 like normal and then lose all power and shut off. The only way the jet ski will run normal is if the choke is being held about 75-80%. The other day I even started with the choke and the jet ski was running good without the choke for about 15 mins and then progressively started to big down again. Went through and ran sea foam, replaced the carb entirely, replaced the fuel lines, and replaced the spark plugs. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Did you try running the fuel directly to the carbs,,,thus by-passing the fuel selector?,,,if you put some premix into the cylinders,,,does it start right up?seafoam has nevered cured a watercraft running issue,,,,the fact that you need the choke indicates its starving for fuel.,,,is the pulse line secured?,,,did you go thru the carbs properly?

Did you try running the fuel directly to the carbs,,,thus by-passing the fuel selector?,,,if you put some premix into the cylinders,,,does it start right up?seafoam has nevered cured a watercraft running issue,,,,the fact that you need the choke indicates its starving for fuel.,,,is the pulse line secured?,,,did you go thru the carbs properly?
Thank you for the suggestions! We ran a fuel line directly from the fuel tank to the carb and the ski ran great (bypassing the filter and fuel selector valve) which leads me to believe the fuel selector valve has been the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back