seadoo xp800 starts on trailer not well in water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

boydo88

Hello my seadoo 800 xp starts well on the trailer ,but in the water dose not ??
compession is good,new battery.runs good once you get it on the move.
thanks .Boyd

This will be a tough one, since your not providing substantial information. You need to elaborate a bit more. The 787cc XP was in 96 and 97, so my first wonder is how long has it been since the carbs were rebuilt. Then, is it still equipped with the grey Tempo fuel lines. You need to really give a bit more detail before someone can really jump in for you.

I just got the sea doo .It has the gray fuel lines .I dont think the carbs have been rebuilt lately.
Get it going runs good ,strong.no bog.
thanks

Clean and rebuild the carbs first, pay special attention to the low speed jet.

Depending on the model it should have a vacuum pulse fuel pump on the side of the carb(s), check the hose between the crank case and the pulse pump for condition/splits. you can also disconnect the hose and hit the starter with your thumb over the hose to check its working.

Did you ever get anything figured out on your ride? Just like everyone else said check your carbs/fuel pump, if that looks good check your rotary valve cover clearance, if the cover is getting worn you will have those same symtoms, you would have to get the cover machined to bring the clearance back to spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back