Seadoo Xp almost sunk!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason997

All was well on this beautiful Sunday afternoon on lake simcoe we started the seadoo for 2 seconds right before we put it in the water just to make sure all was good then we put it in the water it fired up okay and I throttled it out of the launch and I took it for a quick spin to get it warm but I noticed it wasnt running great.. Then my buddy hoped on and we went for a short ride where I then noticed it wasn't accelerating at all I would give it WOT and it would run 1/4 so then I dropped him off and went solo to warm it and I noticed it would go wot for about 2 seconds then bog down to 1/2 throttle and I brought it too the dock and opened the seadoo and noticed that it had a large amount of water in it and the head was chalked in black exhaust fumes and when I opened the seat it was smoking a little so upon further investigation I noticed a bolt was missing in the pipe where It connects to the manifold so I immediately called my dad for the trailer 2 hours later we got the seadoo on the trailer and noticed it had taken on water to the point where it was up to the gas tank and that was the end of our day..... I also found this weird thing the day before floating in the hull. 20160903_195630.jpg20160903_195630.jpg

Not sure where that is used in the ski, but in the automotive world, that is the snap on half of a spark plug wire retainer.

That snaps on the side of the hull and holds the fuel lines.
Make sure it runs and no water got into the engine or you will rust the crank bearings and cylinders.

It sounds like you either melted an exhaust coupler or a Welch plug corroded through on the pipe.

When I got to start it should I pull the plugs and crank to sew if there is any water? The water was half way up to the battery approaching gas tank height.

Yea dude you need to fog those cylinders immediately and take the plugs out while cranking to get all the water out ASAP. Do it in like 5 second bursts so you don't burn out the starter. And of/when the battery starts to die, don't jump the ski from a running car!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't run it since just happened yesterday and day so I drained it and let the sun do Its work I will pull the plugs and give it a good clean... Do have fogging oil... Stores all closed for today... Should I try putting brp oil on it?

Crank with spark plugs out to see if any water sprays out. Keep cranking in 5 second burst to keep starter from over heating until no water comes out the spray as much WD 40 as you feel necessary in each spark plug hole. Put spark plugs back in and fire it up.

Just for information, they won't "sink" completely. There is enough foam flotation to prevent this. I left mine on a buoy for a couple hours, without the drain plug. Floated low in the water, and filled to around the top of the battery, before reaching neutral bouncy. Just pulled it out, checked for water in the engine, then fired it up, with no problems. I opened the electrical box, and left the seat loose for a couple days to be sure it was all dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back