Seadoo wont start!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ford man

hi, i have a 2000 seadoo gs 718cc (85hp) that ive been having to run on reserve instead of the on position. in order for it to go WOT i had it out about 3 weeks ago for 2 days ran fine the 1st day and fine the 2nd until the end of the day . it started cutting out and dying and restarting contiuing to do so until i got it to the ramp. i then pulled it out of water cleaned the fuel sediment bowl with gas and put it back in the water with the same results(running but running poorly unless it was just at idle with the switch on reserve) so i just took home and was going to start it to blow the water out of it and when i put the lanyard in got 2 beeps and just a click(i could start it at the lake) so i recharged the battery and got it to turn over. i am aware that i have a lean condition. but i didnt feel the motor get hot(i felt it after i cleaned the fuel bowl at the lake) it will now crank but wont start sounds like its not gettting fuel . i can hold the throttle wide open and crank on it for a few secounds and it sounds like its trying to get fuel but not much. i was just curious if the selector switch may have been going bad could cause it to not start. it also has grey fuel lines (whitch i plan to replace within the next few weeks anyway) and ive never touched the carbs ive had it for 4 yrs. so maybe just a fuel system rebuild and rebuilding of the carbs would make it start and run? im really hoping the motor isnt fried whitch i dont beieve it is because it sounds like its trying to get a little fuel ( i also checked the spark plugs at the lake whitch were brand new before that trip they were black and a little wet but not fouled out)( ive read 2 stroke plugs are supposed to be a little wet due to the oil and gas) i also still run the oil injection system if that helps.
any input would be great thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K., I read over some of your original posts, and I think you probably already know the answer, but before you do anything else you need to get compression readings.

To check the compression, remove the spark plugs, ground the spark plug wires and take the readings on a cold engine with the throttle open.

If the compression is O.K. you will need to replace the grey fuel lines, with black automotive fuel lines, clean the fuel filter/water separator, clean or replace the fuel selector valve, and at the minimum clean the carbs. and carb. fuel filters. Here's a thread on the subject.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthre...el-Delivery-Problems-low-revs-bogging-surging

It's extremely important that you this, personally I would not run this ski until you do. You will stand a very good chance of burning up your motor.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back